Saturday, October 1, 2011

Week 4 Matchups and Predictions

It seems like this season is flying bye as this is the last week before bye's start taking into effect. I always feel like it's important to get W's while you have a full team the first four weeks of the season, because byes can have a big time impact on your roster. If you don't have depth, it can be very critical to winning your matchups. I say that and I'm 1-2 already which of course isn't good. Here are the matchups this week.


Rugged Raymont Harris (1-2) vs
Dr. Wily's Robots (1-2)

Matchup Stats
Last Matchup: I won 89-58 in the 2010 Consolation Championships
All-Time: I lead the overall series 3-1

Overview: Me and Matt are both coming off embarrassing weeks, me losing by 47 points, and Matt only scoring 56 points. This is important on so many levels. The loser drops to 1-3 which would be really shitty and very difficult to come back from. The last time I played Matt was for 3rd place in the league and I won pretty easily. Me and Matt played each other 4 times last season, and I took the series 3-1, but this is a new season so you can throw all that out the window. I hate being so damn negative about my team, but I'm seriously worried. I have two receivers that are questionable (Roddy White and Vincent Jackson) and though I'm pretty sure they will play, it still sucks to know that they might be limited. I'm also playing Big Ben this week for sure, leaving Romo on the bench for the 1st time. I just worry about Romo and his lack of depth at receiver, plus that Detroit Defense is pretty good. Fred Davis gets another shot at redemption against the Rams, but my expectations will be set low and he probably still won't meet them. Again, going with a 4th different WR #3 (the newly acquired Brandon Lloyd) and I hope LLoyd can prove why I used my #1 waiver claim on him. I finally get to use the Bears defense and hopefully they can dominate the Panthers. Bradshaw and McCoy have been my rocks, so I'm always on edge wondering when they'll have their "bad day". Matt loses Kenny Britt for the year, but quickly just slips in rookie A.J. Green. I like Matt's receiver depth as he also has Santana Moss to use. Phillip Rivers isn't gonna be as horrible as he was last game, and Matt's other receivers, Dwyane Bowe and Brandon Marshall are very scary to deal with. Adrian Peterson gets the Chiefs and I have to pray I can withstand that storm. Matt's inserted Fred Jackson again, after the debacle last week and he has a good matchup against the Bengals. Dustin Keller and the Jets D play Sunday night, and the Jets could be a good play against the Ravens.

Yahoo Says: I win 94-92
I say: Matt wins, what a horrible start this has been for me. I have zero confidence in my team pulling together this week, not with injured star receivers, and mediocre QB play. McCoy actually as a tough matchup as well against the 49ers. 1-3 going to the bye week will not be good, but that's where this road seems to be headed.

Take Dat Wit Chu (3-0) vs
Channel 4 News Team (1-2)

Matchup Stats
Last Matchup: Kenny Beat Albert 147-107 in week 11 of the 2010 season
All Time: Albert leads series 2-1

Overview: This could easily be 2-1 Kenny, as Kenny lost the season opener to Albert last year by two points with Kevin Kolb getting knocked out. If Kenny had a QB for the whole game, he would've no doubt won. This year, Kenny's the lone remaining undefeated team, while Albert is coming off kicking my ass by 47 points. On paper this doesn't even look close. Kenny's got some favorable matchups like Aaron Rodgers against Denver, Ryan Mathews against Miami, and the biggest pickup, Tampa Bay defense against Curtis Painter and the Colts on Monday night. That's gotta be a guarantee double digit performance. Fitz gets the Giants as well. The only weak spot is the inconsistency at the #2 and #3 WR spots. Deion Branch got a zero last week and Devery Henderson might lose some targets to a returning Marques Colston. Albert has Matt Schuab, Arian Foster, Ben Tate, and Pittsburgh's defense, so he's bound to get fucked somewhere. As of right now he has Ben Tate in his lineup, but I think he'll switch that to Foster before the games start. Jermichael Finley can take away some of Rodgers points (last week Greg Jennings really didn't). Wouldn't worry about Finley going off like he did against me. He saved all that for me specifically. Still a good matchup nonetheless. Albert's going to go with Daniel Thomas again. Thomas has been bothered by a injury, still not sure if he'll be active. Calvin vs our defense??? Yeah, expect the usual and then some for Megatron. Which Steve Smith will show up against Chicago?? The one from last week, or the one from the first two weeks of the season?? Should be interesting. Julio Jones is another high risk/high reward play against a surprisingly decent Seattle secondary.

Yahoo Says: Kenny DESTROYS Albert 103-78
I say: Kenny wins, yep I think Kenny's going 4-0 to start the season. Too strong of a team to lose this one.

Salt & Vinegar Chips (1-2) vs
The_Twin_Killers (1-2)

Matchup Stats
Never have played each other

Overview: Posey is also coming off his team being pathetic and only scoring 68 points last week. Leland was a victim of the Wes Welker and Darren McFadden led team of Cindy's. Mike's really gonna be rolling the dice here, with Lance and Denarious Moore and he'll have to play Scott Chandler at TE again. Also, Mike is rolling with Darren Sproles as his #2 which is probably better than going Green-Ellis, especially since the Saints play the Jags this week. Michael Turner was pathetic last week, we'll see if he can pick it up against the Seahawks. Brady and Jennings should be studs as usual, it's the rest of Posey's team that has to show up. Leland looks like he'll roll with Nicks/Sims Walker/Gaffney again which just as risky if not more than Posey's trio. Ray Rice faces the Jets D, but hey Darren McFadden just ran wild all over them, so why couldn't Rice? Forte has a nice matchup against the Panthers too, and Matt Stafford is against us. Detriot D should get some sacks on Romo, and Gronkowski will once again show us that he's Brady's favorite TE target even with Aaron Hernandez back in the mix.

Yahoo Says: Leland DESTROYS Mike 94-78
I say: Leland wins, remember it's only that bad because Gates is still in Posey's lineup and he has a zero. Overall though, I think Leland has a better team and should win this one.

The Bad Bobofies (2-1) vs
Shredders (1-2)

Matchup Stats
Never have played each other

Overview: In fantasy football, a win's a win no matter how you slice it, but dad should really thank his lucky stars that he played Matt's team last week, cause in reality dad's team didn't do too hot. But when your opponent scores 56 points, you don't have to do much to win. Dad really needs Desean Jackson and Chris Johnson to step it up, cause Drew Brees can't carry this team by himself. You also can't depend on Brandon Jacobs to keep getting TD's. Hopefully for dad, this is the week CJ  can do some damage against the Cleveland Browns. Brandon Jacobs has at least a favorable matchup as well against the Cardinals. I like Brees against the Jags and Burleson/Witten will part of the Lions/Cowboys game that should be a shootout. Desean Jackson needs a big game against San Fransisco. Dad has Santonio Holmes in the Sunday Night Game against the Ravens, don't know how effective he'll be against that defense. Zach on the other hand, has one the more turned over teams due to injuries and trades. As of right now, Zach is starting three Bills (Fitzpatrick, Stevie Johnson, David Nelson) against the Bengals so it's boom or bust there. Who knows, maybe he'll reinsert Vick. Maclin should be good to go against the 49ers and it's amazing he's become the better play than Jackson. Running backs is a problem again for Zach as he's playing Willis McGahee and Cedric Benson, because well, there's really no one else. Vernon Davis finally woke up last week and with Gore banged up, Davis might be the only source of offense for San Fran.

Yahoo Says: Dad wins 84-80
I say: Dad wins, for dad to stay competitive with the team he has, he needs to win matchups like these where he is favored. I like Chris Johnson's upside better then Benson/McGahee combined, and Zach's heavily dependent on that Bills offense, so as they go, his team goes. Should be interesting and if Dad can go 3-1 that would be amazing.

Da Boyz (2-1) vs
Hoosier Daddy (2-1)

Matchup Stats
Never have played each other

Overview: Cindy's surprising 2-1 start caught me off guard ,but that lethal combo of Darren McFadden/Wes Welker has been a godsend to her team. McFadden and Welker actually square off against each other this week, and I wouldn't be surprised if there was a feast of points between them at all. The Patriots defense has proven to be overrated ,and if McFadden can run wild against the Jets, imagine what he'll do against New England? I don't like Shonn Greene or Reggie Wayne this week, as Greene gets the Ravens and Wayne has a new QB in Curtis Painter against Tampa Bay. At least Cindy will have a Monday Night play to fall back on. Matt Ryan's been struggling and he gets the Seahawks who are surprisingly good against the pass, so I wouldn't expect a great performance (though I want that, for Roddy White's sake). Andre Johnson against the Steelers is tough, but it's Andre Johnson, you'd be nuts to sit him. If the Houston O stalls, Neil Rackers can provide some points for Cindy as well, she has Owen Daniels tied to that game too. Green Bay against Denver seems like a solid play, but the Packers D hasn't been as good as it should be so far. On Ryan's side, both QB's he has face tough Defenses, Cam Newton against the Bears, Flacco against the Jets, so it's a coin flip. He has Cam in as of right now. Mike Wallace is a definite stud and should be good against the Texans who Drew Brees exposed last week. Rashard Mendenhall has been a big disappointment, so here's hoping for Ryan's sake he gets back to being a fantasy factor against Houston. He wasn't against Indy thought, so that's kind of scary. If MJD could score TD's, the guy would be a top 3 back, but despite putting up yardage, he just can't score. He'll try his luck against the Saints. Jimmy Graham has met everyone's expectations as the "sleeper" pick for tight end and he'll get a good matchup against the Jags.

Yahoo Says: Cindy wins 95-88
I say: Cindy wins, I doubted her last week and looked dumb, I won't this week. I think it'll be close and even though I like Ryan's RB's a little more (I think Mendenhall has a better shot of redemption than Shonn Greene) I think overall Cindy's team has the slight edge and be...gasp 3-1.

No comments:

Post a Comment