Friday, September 30, 2011

This Weeks Transactions: Brandon Lloyd Cut

The biggest news, transaction wise, this week was Zach letting go of Brandon Lloyd. I know he hasn't been productive so far, but it's way too early to cut ties with him. I happily used my #1 waiver claim, as WR #3 has been a weakness of mine (of course now I have Colston back, and Nate Washington, so now I have a surplus) so I believe Lloyd is worth the gamble. Plus, I dropped Arizona defense for him, so it's totally a no risk add, with a possibly high reward if Lloyd can return to 2010 form. Here are the rest of the moves teams made this week.
RuggedRaymontHarris 

Adds      
Brandon Lloyd-WR

Nate Washington-WR

Drops
Rex Grossman-QB
Arizona Cardinals Defense

Overview: The minute I heard Kenny Britt was done for the year, I jumped on Nate Washington, knowing he had just become the WR #1 for the Titans. I needed WR depth so it was a logical move. Now, I didn't think Brandon Lloyd would be dropped by Zach, but as mentioned earlier, he was and I used my waiver to claim him. I like the depth of my receiver core now, but I really do need to trade one or package one to get a back up running back. Grossman was an emergency 3rd QB and Arizona was a spot start defense, both were never long term plans.

Take Dat Wit Chu

Adds
Tampa Bay Bucs Defense

Drops
Thomas Jones-RB

Overview: Kenny actually picked up and dropped WR flavor of the week Torrey Smith as well, but decided to go matchup with his defense and carry Tampa's to use for the next two weeks. Kenny was never going to use Thomas Jones anyways.

Salt and Vinegar Chips

Adds
Scott Chandler-TE

Drops

Kyle Orton-QB

Overview- Posey made a late decision add of Scott Chandler due to Gates injury problems, and he might be his TE for a few more weeks now, cause Gates foot continues to be a problem. Kyle Orton has been disappointing and if Posey needs to repick him up, he should be there for the pickin.

Channel 4 News Team
Adds
Jason Hanson K

Drops

David Akers-K

Overview- Albert made a surprise kicking move sunday by picking up Jason Hanson and dropping David Akers. It worked last week, and it looks like Jason Hanson will be Albert's kicker for the time being.

Dr. Wily's Robots

Adds
Mohamed Massequoi-WR

Drops
Kenny Britt-WR

Overview: Matt had to bite the bullet and drop Kenny Britt, who's injured and out for the season. Don't know if Massequoi will be the answer, but Matt picked him up simply for additional depth.


Shredders        

Adds
 
Ryan Grant-RB

Mike Thomas-WR
New York Giants Defense

Drops

 CJ Spiller-RB

Brandon Lloyd-WR

Washington Redskins Defense

Overview- Zach reacquired two of his former players in Mike Thomas and the Giants D. While it's fine on the defense front since Washington was nothing but a spot start, it's puzzling to drop Brandon Lloyd for Mike Thomas. I think the potential is way higher for Lloyd than Thomas, but that's just me. Zach, in a play for more RB depth, adds Ryan Grant, but already Grant's been ruled out for Sunday's game. The injury bug just keeps attacking Zach's players. It's no big deal because he dropped CJ Spiller, who has been fantasy irrelevant all year.

The_Twin_Killers

Adds
Victor Cruz-WR

Drops
Austin Collie-WR

Overview: Austin Collie is irrelevant with Curtis Painter/Kerry Collins at QB, so Leland takes a stab at Victor Cruz, though with Manningham back I don't see Cruz as a viable starter. 


The Bad Bobofies, Da Boyz, and Hoosier Daddy did not make any moves this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment