Friday, October 14, 2011

This Weeks Transactions: Vernon Davis Traded

After last week's trade bonanza you would figure all would be quiet this week, but not quite. I was able to get one more trade in, and it helps a position I've been in need of all season. Here's the trade I pulled off with Zach.

I get


Vernon Davis



Zach Gets


BenJarvus Green-Ellis





Jermaine Gresham



Overview: I really like this trade as I can finally solidify my Tight End position and stop playing damn TE carousel every week. Vernon Davis is another weapon to my arsenal and hopefully he can keep playing the way he has the past couple of weeks. Did I overtrade? I don't know, generally you wouldn't trade a running back and a tight end that is serviceable for just a tight end, but I look at it this way. The only way I'm playing BenJarvus is on a bye and he shares the same bye next week with LeSean McCoy, which meant I would never play him. Same with Gresham, he has a bye next week too, so I'd have to look for another TE to start (I still have to do that, since Vernon Davis is on a bye next week). Zach needed a fill in running back with McGahee on Bye, and Green-Ellis is a nice add to the mix and who knows, depending on the matchups he might not just be a bye week fill in. Zach has Aaron Hernandez and Gresham now, so he  can just play it by matchups if he chooses.

Here are the other moves made this week.

RuggedRaymontHarris

Adds


Greg Little-WR





Jackie Battle-RB



Drops


Mark Sanchez-QB




Overview: With all the trades I made, it made me very thin for bye weeks and with little out there really in free agents ,especially in running backs, I had to take a couple gambles in Greg Little and Jackie Battle. I still haven't decided if I'm starting Little or Manningham this week but I know for sure Jackie Battle is who I'm going to have to go with next week, with LeSean McCoy on bye. I had an extra roster spot through the trades I made so the only drop I had to make was Mark Sanchez who was nothing but a bye week fill-in anyways.

Take Dat Wit Chu

Adds


Fred Davis-TE





Hines Ward-WR





Dan Bailey-K





Tim Tebow-QB



Drops


Matt Hasselbeck-QB





Rob Bironas-K




Houston Texans Defense




Stevan Ridley-RB




Overview: Kenny's taking a proactive look at his team by picking up players to fill in his bye weeks. Last week he picked Matt Hasselbeck who had a prime matchup against the Colts in week 8 when Aaron Rodgers bye is, but with the Tim Tebow era officially in effect, Kenny jumped at chance to add him. Dan Bailey was an add because Rob Bironas has a bye, but I fully expect this to be a permanent move as Bironas hasn't exactly been setting the world on fire. Fred Davis was also a pickup for a bye week in week 8. The aforementioned Hasselbeck was dropped to make room for Tebow, while Bironas was dropped because of the bye and Houston was a defensive spot start that Kenny had no intentions of keeping full time. Stevan Ridley was a speculative add, but definitely was cut worthy as it looks the BenJarvus Green-Ellis isn't ready to relinquish his starting job just yet.


Salt & Vinegar Chips

Adds

Miami Dolphins Defense



Drops

San Diego Chargers Defense


Overview: I know the Chargers D has been bad, but picking up to Dolphins D? Very perplexing move.


Channel 4 News Team

Adds

Buffalo Bills Defense




Kevin Walter-WR



Drops


Dexter McCluster-WR/RB




Tennessee Titans Defense


Overview: The Titans Defense was supposed to be a good spot start defense against the hobbled Steelers but  that wasn't the case at all and so it's on to the next one with the Bills. The Bills know how to create turnovers, so although it might look to be a shootout against the Giants, they might be able to get some turnovers to ease the points they end up giving up. Kevin Walter was picked up because of an injury to Julio Jones and a bye week for Sidney Rice. Dexter McCluster hasn't really done much so he was the odd man out on Albert's team.


Shredders


Adds


Steve Breaston-WR



Drops


David Nelson-WR



Overview: I think Zach is just trying anything to see if it'll work. I don't Nelson has been bad enough to be dropped already, but maybe Zach sees Breaston being the better play in the future.

Hoosier Daddy

Adds


Earnest Graham-RB



Drops


Joe Flacco-QB



Overview: This is actually a smart move by Ryan, picking up the Bucs new starting RB while Blount recovers from an injury. With Mendenhall recovering from injury and also just plain sucking, Graham might actually be a viable play. Joe Flacco has been very disappointing, and since Ryan has  Cam Newton he can afford to drop Flacco and pick up a spot starter when Newton goes on bye.


The Bad Robofies

Adds


David Nelson-WR





Jason Avant-WR





James Jones-WR



Drops



Nate Burleson-WR




New England Patriots Defense




Kellen Winslow-TE
Overview: Despite being 4-1, Dad needs some MAJOR help at the WR department. After trading both Santonio Holmes and DeSean Jackson, and with Brandon Lloyd and Eric Decker on byes, dad has to really reach by picking up Jason Avant and James Jones. Also, Nate Burleson just isn't cutting it so Dad drops him to pick up David Nelson which was probably the safest of the moves. The Pats D isn't roster worthy and with Witten back off bye, Dad doesn't need a 2nd TE so he got rid of Winslow. Avant and James Jones instantly become starters this week.

The_Twin_Killers

Adds


Darrius Heyward-Bay-WR



Drops


Mike Sims Walker-WR



Overview:  Leland is looking for bench depth and Mike Sims Walker isn't doing anything noteworthy so Heyward-Bay is definitely worth the speculative add.

Da Boyz and Dr. Wily's Robots didn't make any moves this week

No comments:

Post a Comment