Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Week 3 Awards and Another Blockbuster Trade


 Rob Gronkowski was a member of my team for a mere hours before I decided to flip him to Leland this morning. Me and Leland agreed to a multi-player trade with the main parts being Rob Gronkowski and Ray Rice. I've never drafted Ray Rice (when you draft 8,10,8 that usually tends to happen) but each year I've swung trades to acquire him. Last year I traded Leland Roddy White and Ahmad Bradshaw, this year it took Gronk, Fred Jackson, and C.J. Spiller. I also get Eric Decker in the deal as well. In a unique circumstance, because Ray Rice plays tomorrow night, Leland actually will get the benefit of using both Ray Rice and Gronk, a double dip so to speak. I fully understood that,and I feel it's worth the week wait to acquire a top 2 running back. Gronk is arguably the top tight end in the game today, and though C.J. Spiller is injured, he should be back next week and Leland can insert Fred Jackson in his lineup for this week. As for me, this is my forte, I'm very aggressive in trying to improve my team and make deals. With all my running back problems, Ray Rice is exactly what I need, plus I still have Antonio Gates, so though it sucks I wasn't able to use Gronk, it's nice to have a backup plan there. Eric Decker is also not a bad bye week fill in to have either. On to the week 3 awards

Wayne McGarrity Stud of The Week
Jamaal Charles (Breaking Bybee)

I usually don't pick a player from the losing team, but I can't ignore what Jamaal Charles did. 233 yards rushing, 55 receiving and a TD for a season high 37 points. I honestly don't see anyone besting this, this season, maybe a QB, but not a running back. And to think, it came in a LOSING EFFORT. Sucks for Kenny

Michael Wiley Dud of the Week
Tony Romo (Breaking Bybee)

Kenny's also represented by the Dud of the Week, Tony Romo. Some of it wasn't his fault, his o-line is HORRIBLE, but still a couple of bad fumbles, no TD passes against the Tampa Bay Bucs at HOME? 6.5 points (yes he caught a pass to himself). It lead Kenny to trade for RGIII. It's apparent, the Romo era for Kenny is done.

Drew Bennett Sneaky Surprise Award
Leland and his Giant Risk

It's one thing to start Eli Manning and Victor Cruz, who wouldn't against the Panthers, no less. But to Start them along with Andre Brown AND Martellus Bennett? To start almost half your team from the same team? That's a very risky move that I don't know too many people would pull off. But the matchup was there, and Leland took advantage it and the strategy worked. 63.5 points was not a bad start at all en route to a 9 point victory. Playing Andre Brown over Doug Martin was critical, He would've lost had he not done it. Kudos to Leland for taking a calculated risk and it paying off.

Tony Romo Bad Decision Award
Ryan's Running Back Problems Continue
There wasn't anything to jawdropping this week, and at the end of the day Ryan still won, but he's got the most inconsistent running back group and has a knack for picking the wrong guy. I'm not a Michael Turner guy by any means, but I'm pretty sure I'd start him over both Chris Johnson and Shonn Greene every week of the season. Johnson and Green combined for 7.5 points. Michael Turner doubled that. I don't know what Ryan has, but he needs to do something to help this dreadful running back situation.


No comments:

Post a Comment