Friday, September 14, 2012

Thursday Night Overview: Bye Bye Forte

Why do I hate Thursday games, well one I don't have NFL Network and another it's just not enough time for players to recoup from playing Sunday. After last night, I realllllllly hate Thursday games. Matt Forte suffered a high ankle sprain and it looks like he'll miss considerable time. I don't have his handcuff and now my running back depth is depleted as I now carry 3 injured running backs on my roster (Forte, Mendenhall, Fred Jackson). This is a very crucial blow to my team, as now both of my original starting running backs are out for multiple weeks. I'm down to Stevan Ridley and C.J. Spiller now, and that's a very risky duo to trust. I know it's early, but methinks I need to start evaluating trade options if I want to try to compete this season. Here's the team by team breakdown on what players did last night. Leland and Drew were the only two teams that did not have any players going last night.

 Poseidon Angry-I already covered the Forte injury, and he was on his way to a nice game. At least I got 9 points out of him before the injury but that's probably not enough against Matt and his high octane offense. It'll be a miracle if I can get a win this week, a miracle I'm not counting on.

Dr. Wily's Robots-Matt used the Bears defense and it actually didn't turn out that bad. A pick, 5 sacks and a fumble recovery for 10 points. Not what I wanted at all of course.

Breaking Bybee- Kenny had Jordy Nelson and he NEARLY missed a huge catch that would've been big points. Not a great game for Nelson, but not bad either, he netted 11 points.

Bigger Balls- Mayra had her kicker go, and he  didn't do much, only 1 field goal and an extra point for 5 points total. Not too big of a deal since it's a kicker.

The Bad Robofies- Jermichael Finley was nonexistant with a fumble and a couple of catches for a total of two points. At least Mason Crosby made some ground up getting 14 points including a 50+ yard field goal.

Richard Head- Very disappointing game for Aaron Rodgers as he only got 11 points, throwing a pick and a TD. This is the kind of performance that can lose games.

Channel 4 News Team- Brandon Marshall was absolutely horrible, and even dropped a gimmie TD. He only had 3 points total. Luckily the Packers D came to play, 7 sacks and 4 picks for 19 points.

Hoosier Daddy- James Jones was a Hail Mary play with Greg Jennings out, and he was terrible with 2  catches for -1 yards. The catches gave 1 total point.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment