Monday, September 24, 2012

Blockbuster Trade between Me and Kenny

It didn't take long for me and Kenny to make some major changes to our teams. When you are a combined 1-5, it's time to reevaluate and do your best to improve. Last night the first trade of the season was agreed upon. The particulars of the deal are outlined below.

I get




Rob Gronkowski-TE





Jordy Nelson-WR



Kenny Gets


Robert Griffin III-QB




Roddy White-WR


The funny thing for both of us, is I had Roddy White last season and I Traded him, and Kenny had Jordy Nelson last season and traded him away as well. This was an out of the blue trade that can benefit both parties. For me, I feel like I get a nice upgrade at TE, and maybe a little bit of an upside upgrade at receiver. I like Roddy White, but I'm afraid Julio Jones has taken over as the primary receiver of the Falcons. Not that Jordy Nelson is head over heels better, but I think I like his situation a little bit more. I think opportunities will be there, or I'm hoping they will be. I also get Rob Gronkowski in the deal to upgrade my TE situation significantly. For Kenny, besides getting Roddy White, he gets a QB with a ton of upside in RGIII. Kenny's getting worried about Romo and that o-line, so he picks up a QB who is mobile and can not only throw but make plays with his legs as well. He immediately becomes Kenny's starting QB and makes Tony Romo expendable. I think this trade is a win-win for both of us and could be just what we need to get out of this slump.

The other trade that I made was with Mike and it's as follows

I get



BenJarvus Green-Ellis-RB



Mike Gets


Pierre Garcon-WR


When you've had as many injuries to the running back position as I have (4) I had to do something just so I can have a full team out there this week. It wasn't my preference to get rid of Garcon who when on the field is a good receiver, but I had no choice, the free agent rb's are thin, so I did what I had to do as a stop gap until either one of Fred Jackson, C.J. Spiller, or Matt Forte come back. Mike was in need of some receiver help and Garcon can come in and help immediately once he's back on the field.

No comments:

Post a Comment