Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Week 9 Matchups and Predictions

We're down to the final 5 Weeks of the regular season and we're finally beginning to see a little bit of separation on both sides of the spectrum. There's a couple teams who's points and record look good enough to consider them near locks to make the playoffs (Leland, Eugene, Matt) and on flip side there's two teams that sadly look like the end is near (Dad and Ryan). The rest of us are in limbo and as cliché as it sounds, it still bears repeating,,every week from here on is basically a must win situation. Margin for error is slim and all it takes is one loss to significantly derail a playoff push. Here's this weeks matchups and predictions.


Trump 2020 (4-4) vs
Rigmas Forever (4-4)

Yahoo Says: I win
I say: Mike wins. I'm never going to pick my team when it's less than 100% whether it by byes or injuries, especially when I'm facing a really good team who's at full strength. This week, no T.Y. Hilton for me and Sony Michel's status is still up in the air. Sony missing another game would totally screw me because I have no viable sub in for him. I COULD be proactive and conservative and just play Doug Martin tomorrow, but the risk of a 3-5 point play scares me too much. I'd rather gamble that he plays, but regardless, I don't have confidence in my team to pull off a must win. My only hope is it's a shootout and my team scores a ton of points.

Channel 4 News Team (4-4) vs
Underdawg (2-6)

Yahoo Says: Albert Wins
I Say: Albert Wins. Albert's not a huge favorite, but that's because he'll be without Beckham and Joe Mixon. This could very well be a trap game, but Dad's team is without Barkley, which is a HUGE blow and he just doesn't have inspiring choices rounding out his roster. It might not be high scoring, but Albert should win.

Shock The Monkey (5-3) vs
Scott's Tots (3-5)

Yahoo Says: Kenny wins
I Say: Kenny wins. I'm seriously confused how Kenny's not a bigger favorite, because this looks like a BLOODBATH. Mark's got multiple guys on byes and hurt and his depth is sorely lacking. Royce Freeman isn't even a lock to play this week and there's literally nothing but scraps left on the waivers as far as RB's go. Even the one Mark has to use, Chris Ivory isn't really that great of an option. Kenny SHOULD easily win this week, but you know how that goes...

No Soup For You (5-3) vs
I Am Queens Blvd (4-4)

Yahoo Says: Leland Wins
I Say: Leland Wins. Man Leland is the LAST TEAM I'd wanna face right now and though Drew could really use the win, he's a 25 point underdog and he's having to go home run heavy on a ton of plays this week. I sense yet another blowout from Leland with tons of points being scored on his end.

Light's Broken Bots (5-3) vs
Hoosier Daddy (2-6)

Yahoo Says: Matt Wins
I Say: Matt Wins. Matt's blessed with a relatively easy matchup and as long as he has Mahomes/Thielen and also as long as Dalvin Cook is out so Latavius Murray can be the starting RB he should easily pick up win #6. Ryan's also in rebuild mode so I just don't see him competing with Matt this week.

Rocket Man (5-3) vs
SCLSU MudDogs (5-3)

Yahoo Says: Eugene Wins
I Say: Eugene wins. The most mystifying win streak I've ever witnessed. Alex is even't projected to hit 80 points this week with no Andrew Luck. Leland is a 20 point favorite even without Marlon Mack and A.J. Green. Surely...surely Alex finally loses...right? RIGHT?!?!!












No comments:

Post a Comment