Wednesday, October 3, 2018

Week 5 Matchups and Predictions

Well it's Week 5 already and we've still got one undefeated team left, but we officially have no winless teams left. So far, it's been a pretty tight race as besides Mark, no one is really pulling ahead in the standings, which is good thing if you're a 1-3 team. Now I'm going to be hypocrite here because myself, if it was me, I'd totally be panicking, but in reality 1-3 teams like Kenny, Leland, and Alex shouldn't be hitting the panic button just left. only 1 game separates 12th place from 3rd so all it takes is a win to get back into the thick of things. Here's this weeks matchups and predictions.



Rigmas Forever (3-1) vs
SCLSU MudDogs (1-3)

Yahoo Says: I win
I Say: I win. Look if it was any other team, I'd basically say how this would be an easy win and how Alex has no chance BUTTTTT you guys know me and my pessimism and I never take ANY matchup for granted. Yes, this SHOULD be an easy win. Even without T.Y. Hilton (injured) and Jordan Howard (sucks, but regardless hes on bye) I should be able to win this matchup...HOWEVER we've seen this song and dance many times before. This has all the makings of a "trap game" so to speak. Remember, Leland was like literally a 40 point favorite against Alex last week and Alex NEARLY pulled off the upset. It can definitely happen, I'm just siding on the logistical side that it won't.

Underdawg (2-2) vs
Trump 2020(2-2)

Yahoo Says: Dad wins
I say: Dad wins. The battle of two teams coming off major wins, Mike will be without the services of Mike Evans this week. That combined with Dad getting back Devonta Freeman and I'll give the slight edge to Dad this week.

I Am Queens Blvd (2-2) vs
Channel 4 News Team (2-2)

Yahoo Says: Drew wins
I Say: Drew wins. Albert's team has been really struggling recently and though he gets Joe Mixon back, I'll still give the slight edge to Drew, though he has his own worries with a lack of a real TE and Dalvin Cook's health.

Hoosier Daddy (2-2)
Scott's Tots (1-3)

Yahoo Says: Kenny wins
I Say:Ryan Wins. Kenny's like me, so I know he's viewing this as a must win. It's not going to be an easy matchup though, going against Ryan. My only hesitation with Kenny's team is just how much Edelman and Mark Ingram are going to be up to speed in their first week back. Not so much Edelman, but I can definitely Ingram being eased in. If that happens, it might be the opportunity Ryan needs to score what would be considered an upset victory.

Rocket Man (2-2)
Light's Broken Bots (2-2)

Yahoo Says: Eugene wins
I Say: Eugene wins. Eugene didn't lost last week because his team sucks, he just simply got outscored. Giving him the edge here as to me overall he has the much better roster than Matt, who's depending on Josh Gordon, an injured Gronk, Pierre Garcon with a crap QB, and Gio who's workload should be scaled back if Joe Mixon is back. I still think he needs to do something and try to get something back for Tom Brady.

Shock The Monkey (4-0) vs
No Soup For You (1-3)

Yahoo Says: Leland wins
I Say: Mark wins. So right away Leland plays against the team he traded David Johnson to. Mark's been red hot for 12 weeks straight now, and Yahoo has Leland as the favorite, but I'm going to go with Mark because I think the addition of David Johnson is huge. I think Mark stays undefeated and gets his 13th win in a row.








No comments:

Post a Comment