Friday, October 19, 2018

Thursday Night Overview: When The Stench Of Being On My Team Goes Away

Image result for emmanuel sanders vs cardinals thursday night 
As if I didn't need to be consistently reminded just how bad my luck is, a newish trend this season is how players seem to have great games the second I either drop or trade them. Just this past week alone, Russell Wilson, Doug Baldwin, Cameron Brate, and Vance McDonald all had great games the second after I traded or cut them. I had to let go of Nick Chubb earlier in the season..he proceeds to take of the RB duties after the Browns trade Carlos Hyde. I spot start Alex Smith..single digit game, week after, 20+ pts. I spot start Blake Bortles,,single digit game..next game goes off etc. It's happened all year. So naturally, when I shipped off Emmanuel  Sanders in a deal to Leland and basically knew he was going to go off and as unshocking as something can be he did. He even threw a TD PASS to kind of really stick to me then caught a wide open 60 yard TD. He wasn't needed much after that, but he put up a little over 25 points..I'll be lucky if Keenan Allen gets HALF of that. Just another trademark shortsighted trade by yours truly that will probably bite me in the ass. So yeah..last night's game was ABSOLUTE dogshit as the Broncos just ANNHILATED the Cardinals 45-10. The Cardinals just look so shitty, but I had to watch to make sure David Johnson wasn't going to get cheap garbage points. Luckily for me, he was held under 10 points. Look, am I happy about that..of course, but it's one play and Mark's got a pretty loaded team offensively so it's not like he can't overcome a 8.5 point play and still win. Hell, when I lost to Albert, Joe Mixon AND Michael Crabtree were both bla, and Albert STILL got blowout of the week over me. I'm not going to overreact to a Thursday Night disappointment. Kenny's fighting for his season and Leland's Sanders play didn't help matters, but at least Phillip Lindsay helped soften the blow with a nice 16 point performance of his own. If Royce Freeman's ankle sprain causes him to miss games, Lindsay's going to have some monster game, because every time that guy seems to touch the ball, he does something positive with it. Ryan is also fighting for his playoff life and last night didn't help matters much..sure Christian Kirk wasn't great for Drew, but neither was Demaryius Thomas. Ryan's going to need underperformances from Drew's guys and also overperformances from his own guys to beat Drew and though Drew's Thursday Night play did his part, Ryan couldn't take advantage of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment