Friday, October 5, 2018

Thursday Night Overview: My Worst Fear Realized

 Image result for eric ebron
Last night was once again another example in the millions of examples I have on why I never have confidence in any matchup. I don't care if I'm a 10 pt favorite, 20 pt favorite or 50 point favorite, it doesn't matter that I have the better roster, nothing matters, because fantasy football is the most unpredictable game there is and I'd say 8 times out of 10..I'm always on the short end of the luck stick. I have more brutal beats than everyone in this league combined and it's been so frustrating that there's been plenty of instances where's I've said I 've had enough and threaten to quit the game forever only to get suckered back in. No..I'm not about to threaten to quit again (wait till I lose my inevitable 3 straight that I'm about to drop then we'll talk). I just..I know what I'm talking about. So last night as the game's going on, a certain leaguemate in here (let's call him Vinny Schmybee) kept egging me asking why I was worried about Luck and Ebron after they combined for 7 points in the 1st half. "It's over man.the Colts suck..you worry for nothing" said "Vinny" and I kept telling him...dude there's a whole half left, it doesn't matter how bad the Colts suck, fantasy football doesn't recognize suckage, they recognize stats and Luck WILL be putting up stats until the garbage end..regardless of the score. We LITERALLY just saw that last weekend against the Texans. "Naw man..you got this..you're fine..you worry for nothing"...I REALLLLLLY hate when people second guess my feelings. You think I LIKE being pessimistic? Of course not..but i'm a realist and how many times have you seen players do nothing one half and blow up the next? Travis Kelce JUST did this for Mark as well...a 0 point first half followed by like an 18 point second half. IT...HAPPENS. Was I pleased at Luck and Ebron's dreadful first half..of course I was...but not to the point where I ever thought it was smooth sailing. So naturally Luck and Ebron connect and just absolutely destroy me (including a predictable BS TD at the end of the game that I predictably called even though "Vinny" assured me I was safe and had "lucked out" that they ruled Lucks TD's to Erik Swope down at the half yard line and that they were 100% no doubt about it going to run the ball and there's no way they'd ever in a million years pass..ya know..just to reallllllly stick it to me when that doesn't happen that my luck sucks. I promptly told him nope..pats are playing for the run and honestly don't give a fuck because this game is in the bag..it's going to be a playaction to a wide open Ebron.."nah man..it won't" and what was it? Yup..Followed by a "well.uh.uh..i just didn't..uh think that would ever happen) and what started as an "easy win" against the worst team in the league with the least points, turned into a real matchup that have a more than solid chance at losing now. In fact, I AM losing now, because I have zero faith my team is going to recoup from a nearly 54 point Luck/Ebron combo. That combined with playing Leland without Kamara/Michael Thomas next week basically cements me as a 3-3 medicore .500 team on a downfall. So yeah...newsflash..when it comes to fantasy football..my luck is  pretty awful more times than not. So..what else happened? Well..lost in all that was Sony Michel actually having another solid game with a TD and nearly 100 yards (and of course he HAD an earlier TD but Bellicek REFUSED to challenge it and had Tom Brady sneak it himself on the next play). Unfortunately Michel's efforts were for nothing because I lost to ERIC FUCKING EBRON who tripled his "projected points" and scored 27.  Well Vinny..err Kenny had Julian Edelman and it was a decent first game back though not spectacular. He dropped a WIDE OPEN pass that would've gone for some major yardage but other than that he was OK. I'm sure he'll get better as the season goes on. I'm 100% no doubt it, gonna be top 2 WR sure and if he's not well it's because Kenny's luck just sucks because there's no way Edelman should ever suck that bad ever in the whole world entire universe (see how that works?). Things were looking pretty bleak for Matt and his Josh Gordon/Gronk play, until Gordon salvaged his day with a pretty remarkable school yard TD off a Tom Brady heave into the endzone. Gronk had 10.5 points himself, but that's not really the productivity you'd like from your first round pick and he continues to disappoint for Matt. The only other play of the game was Mike flexing Nyheim Hines and boy did he have the suckiest 12.5 points I ever saw. Pure volume but hey points are points.  

No comments:

Post a Comment