Friday, November 25, 2016

Thanksgiving Day Overview/Week 11 Awards

Washington Redskins v Dallas Cowboys : News Photo 
Well, it was definitely a crazy day in regards to football yesterday. With 3 games in tow, there a ton of plays throughout the league. There's still a lot of football left to be played, but man, this is shaping up to be a heated playoff race for the last two seeds. I'll start off with my guys playing and man did it not start off great initially. I traded for Jordan Reed and Eli Manning this week so I could try to ensure myself as much as possible a win against my Dad to keep my playoff hopes alive. Those dreams seemed to be dashed quickly when Jordan Reed suffered what was thought to be a broken collarbone early in the game. His arm was in a sling and he had only gotten me 2.5 points for the day. I was already thinking "great...what a wonderful trade" and things were falling into place that indeed I was going to lose to my Dad. On top of that, Rob Kelley, who saved my ass last week, just wasn't getting the job done, partly because the Redskins were passing a TON (he's not the passing down back) and also because the Dallas Run D was surprisingly effective. So I was just concentrating on the Cowboys getting the win, trying to stay positive and think that all it would take was my Dad underperforming and maybe it'd still have a shot. Then..Jordan Reed actually CAME BACK and boy did he come back IN A BIG WAY. He ended up with 10 catches for 95 yards and 2 scores and scored nearly 27 points! Not only does that help me against my Dad, but I need POINTS in a big way, so it was a HUGE performance and it could be the 2nd straight game a Redskins player saves my ass. Kelley did nothing with only a little over 5 points, but that's ok because I survived Frank Gore who did nothing himself and didn't even finish with 4 points. Great start for me, but it's far from over. Still worried about my matchups overall. Ryan needed a bounce back week after a terrible performance and he got it in spades as Ben Roethlisberger threw for 3 TD's and Zeke did it yet again over 100 total yards and 2 scores. I know I keep repeating it, but it never gets old...ZEKE IS AN ABSOLUTE STUD.  Mark's not really going to stand a chance this week and he's already used two plays himself in Jamison Crowder and Dez. Both were good but not great and I'd be shocked if this matchup wasn't a blowout win for Ryan now. In a must win week for Leland against a pretty good opponent, it was a bad as a start as you can have. He got a zero from Eric Ebron and though I'm not ready to write the week off for Leland just yet, it's not a great start at all. Alex and Mayra are once again looking like a shootout match just like Week 1 with both using two plays a piece and both having disappointing plays (Theo Riddick for Alex, Jason Witten for Mayra) and amazing games from the usual suspects (Antonio Brown wants everyone to remember just how dominant he is in the fantasy game with 91 yards and 3 scores, and Le'veon Bell also doesn't want people to forget he's right up there with David Johnson and Zeke as he had 142 total yards and a score). I have feeling this is going to a close game with tons of points being scored. Last but not least, for my sake (and his own) I reallllllly need Drew to live up to his team name and play ultimate spoiler to Albert this week. It's one of the many things I need to happen to keep my playoff hopes alive. It wasn't looking good initially as Drew was a 15 point underdog off the bat, and then had mediocre starts from Kyle Rudolph and Adam Thielen to start off his day. Luckily putting Kirk Cousins in for Carson Palmer worked out GREAT as Cousins tore up the Cowboys for nearly 450 yards and 3 scores and over 33 points. That along with Cole Beasley's decent game and Albert getting a bad T.Y. Hilton game (playing with no Luck then also got hurt in the 2nd half and never came back) puts Drew in the driver's seat in his matchup. It's crazy because right now everything is aligning how I need it to for a chance to survive. Drew's up on Albert, Mike hasn't started playing Leland, but a zero play for him is a good start, and I'm beating Dad right now. Like I said, I'm tempering my expectations because there's A LOT of football that needs to be played still, but I mean if that's the way this week is going to start I'm certainly not going to complain. Should be a VERY interesting week. Onto the Week 11 Awards.

Wane McGarity Stud Of The Week
Rob Kelley (Bay Area Tanners)
Green Bay Packers v Washington Redskins : News Photo 
The guy who single handedly won me the week with an out of nowhere performance. Even though I probably won't make the playoffs, he at least provided me some hope and made football interesting for another week.

Michael Wiley Dud Of The Week
Ben Roethisberger (Hoosier Daddy)
Pittsburgh Steelers v Cleveland Browns : News Photo 
How do you NOT score even 9 points against the CLEVELAND BROWNS? Well Big Ben managed to do that. He's one of the main reasons Ryan had his worse week of the season. Luckily, Ben's already made it to Ryan this week with a 3 TD performance.

Drew Bennett Sneaky Surprise Award
Rob Kelley (Bay Area Tanners)
Green Bay Packers v Washington Redskins : News Photo 
Yep..Fat Rob wins again. I took a gamble and benched Todd Gurley (I know how crappy he's been but still it's really hard to bench him for a guy with such a little track record as Rob Kelley) for Kelley thinking the upside was on Kelley's side....then TODD GURLEY SCORES A 20 YARD TD ON THE FIRST DRIVE OF THE DOLPHINS-RAMS GAME. I was sick to my stomach. I couldn't believe that I might have made two very stupid decisions that could cost me the game. Luckily Rob Kelley MORE than redeemed my decisions by going off for over 31 points and scoring me a crucial win against Mike. 

Jay Cutler Bad Decision Award
Mark Plays Vernon Davis over Gary Barnidge
Pittsburgh Steelers v Cleveland Browns : News Photo 
Sometimes a bad decision isn't a dumb one or a cute play gone wrong. It's just simply a decision that didn't work out. Mark barely lost by 2 points to Albert this past week. Gary Barnidge had been struggling and Vernon Davis seemed to be more involved in the offense despite sharing time with Jordan Reed so Mark went with Davis. Barnidge didn't do much but scored a TD and even without the TD his two catches for 23 yards would've given Mark the win. Vernon Davis...got shutout.

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment