Friday, November 23, 2012

Turkey Day Overview

I'm not gonna address the real life embarrassment that is the Dallas Cowboys. Words can't express how I feel and have felt about them for the past few years. No, let's just focus on the fantasy aspect of yesterday and man where there some big time fantasy performances. Including the guy above who destroyed us with 4 TD's passes and helped Kenny try to stay above water against Matt with 29 points. Unfortunately for Kenny, he lost Miles Austin early in that game and he got a big 0 for the week. That's a HUGE blow this week, and that could be the nail in Kenny's playoff coffin. RGIII wasn't the only one to go off, here's a look at everyone's turkey day plays.

Poseidon Angry- I had one guy go and it was Megatron, and he had an 8 catch, 140 yard, 1 TD performance for 24 points. It's going to sound insane and a bit greedy but he had 105 and a score at half, I reallllllly needed a stronger 2nd half, because the rest of my team is crap and I have a tough opponent in Leland. I'm already kicking myself for two moves, 1 move I made, and one non-move I didn't make. I picked up Patriots defense for this week against the Jets, then I dropped them for Pittsburgh. HUGE MISTAKE, which is the norm for me. They beat the crap out of the Jets, scored 2 defensive TD's, and put up big points. I could've used that big time. I also debated weather or not to play Dustin Keller, who was strong last time they played the Pats. Antonio Gates has been beyond brutal, but at the end of the day I stood pat and kept Gates. Keller got a garbage last 4th quarter TD, and had 64 yards to boot. I seriously doubt Gates gets even HALF that. Mistakes like that and others I've made all season are the reason I'm 4-7.

The Twin Killers- Leland just had has kicker, but I know I was still scared because you just never know what kickers are going to do week to week. The Bad News? No field goals for Gostowski, he missed a 39 yarder early and never got another opportunity. The Good News? He made 7 extra points, and for a guy who had 0 field goals, that's not bad at all. I just wanted to avoid a double digit performance from a kicker.

Dr. Wily's Robots- You knew Arian Foster wasn't going to let what happened to him last week, happen again. He didn't disappoint (well he disappointed Kenny). 100+ rushing yards and 2 rushing scores for a 25.5 performance. Alfred Morris was also awesome but on Matt's bench (he "just" has Marshawn Lynch starting). Matt needed this start, because of his QB situation.

The Bad Robofies- Dad had two guys go last night, one was good, one was meh. Wes Welker had a TD, and 71 yards and finished with 16.5 points. This is a good sign for Dad as Welker is probably viewed as the WR#3 on his team. Dad played Shonn Greene again and he did nothing of note. He fumbled, had 71 rushing yards, got stuffed at the goal, and also had a TD vultured away by Bilal Powell. I still think Dad's receiving core will bail out his running back situation and there is a solid chance Sproles will be back this week.

Chardee MacDennis- Same story for Drew, 2 plays, 1 good, 1 disappointing. Matthew Stafford had an amazing game with 441 yards and 2 scores for 25 points. Aaron Hernandez wasn't great, with only 2 catches for 36 yards. Drew needed a better game from Hernandez, considering the other guys he's rolling with this week.

Channel 4 News Team- Albert had two plays yesterday. Tom Brady was magnificent again, with 300+ passing yards, 3 TDs and a rushing TD to boot for a 30 point performance. Albert also had to play Mikel LeShoure, and he scored a TD (Actually the 1st TD given up by the Texans) but the yardage wasn't there (barely 55 combined yards) but had 12 points. Albert's going to need more big time plays cause Posey had some guys go off on his team.

Richard Head- Dez Bryant has been Posey's MVP the past few weeks. Another stud performance for him (8 for 145 for 2 TD's). Posey even started Santana Moss and he scored a TD. Brandon Lloyd was horrible again, but still 43.5 points between 3 guys is not that shabby. I think I would've played Stevan Ridley over S-Jax, and Ridley had a good game with 97 and a score, but still great start for Mike keeping his playoff chances alive.

Hoosier Daddy- Ryan had one play, Jason Witten, and he was his usual self. 9 catches, 74 yards, and no TD's. Not a hot start for Ryan.

Bigger Balls- A great start for Mayra, as all of a sudden Andre Johnson is the best receiver in the game today. He had another amazing game with 9 receptions for 188 yards. Owen Daniels wasn't great but did Score a TD. Overall good start for Mayra.

No comments:

Post a Comment