Friday, November 9, 2012

Thursday Night Overview: A Little Luck Contains The Curse

You know me, this season especially, I HATE Thursday Night plays. It's been nothing but bad thing after bad thing happen. Even last week, the  curse reared its ugly head by scaring me off Antonio Gates (who scored a TD and would've let me to victory). So after Andrew Luck demolished the Dolphins last week and Eli Manning continued to suck beyond belief, I made the switch to Luck against the crappy defense of the Jaguars. Easy decision right? Except they would play on..gulp...THURSDAY NIGHT. Noooooooooooo!! I said fuck it and went ahead with the play, crossing my fingers that it would work out. So did it? I mean you can say it did, Luck finished with two rushing TD's, but that saved what was otherwise a pretty lackluster performance. 225 yards passing, an interception and a fumble. I would've been IRATE hadn't not been for those two rushing TD's. Luck also got saved, because he threw an additional pick negated by Pass Interference and his second rushing TD was a phantom TD. I didn't see where the ball crossed the plane but who cares, a break finally went my way. He finished with 19 points, which is meh, OK, I mean it's 3 points more than the projected 16, but still left me feeling a little underwhelmed. In a make a break game for me, I need all the points I can get, and losing three off of turnovers was painful as hell. Considering it was Thursday though, I'll definitely take it and hopefully the rest of my team can keep me on life support for one more week. This game was shitty and boring and only two other teams had plays this week.

Drew- Well Drew's Rashad Jennings play did not work at all. The Jags being blown out the whole game didn't help matters. Jennings only provided 2 points for Drew and against Matt, not a great start at all.

Ryan- Reggie Wayne provided yet another consistent performance (8 catches for 96 yards). 13 points for Wayne and though a TD would've been nice, still a good start for Ryan.


No comments:

Post a Comment