Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Week 13 Matchups and Predictions

Well..this is it...the last week of the regular season for Fantasy Football. It flew by as usual and after 12 weeks of awesome wins, agonizing losses, injuries, breakout performances, we STILL don't have a clue how the playoff seeding is going to shake out. Sure there are a couple of teams who are in despite not being officially in but even with them, who knows where they finish. This is going to be the craziest Week 13 we've ever had. Should be interesting. Here's the final week of Matchups and Predictions


Rigmas Forever (7-5) vs
Channel 4 News Team (6-6)

Yahoo Says: I win
I Say: Albert wins. It might be too little too late for Albert, but he's done a damn fine job at wrecking his opponents playoff chances. He basically killed off Alex's playoff chances two weeks ago and he denied Leland from not only officially clinching the playoffs, but a bye as well. Albert's team is unpredictable and there's no telling which team will show up. First of all, once again I'm a huge favorite, which never bodes well (I only won by a mere 8 points last week and underachieved) He blew me out in Week 2, and since I'm the one with the most to gain from winning, I just don't think the Fantasy Gods will be on my side this week. I feel like I used my luck up last week. A win would keep alive for a bye so it'd be nice, but I'd have to do something my team hasn't done all year, win a 3rd game in a row. I hope I'm wrong again, but I just don't see it happening.

Shock The Monkey (7-5) vs
I Am Queens Blvd (6-6)

Yahoo Says: Mark Wins
I Say: Mark wins. This is the most critical matchup of the week as if Mark loses, it opens up the 6th seed to my Dad and Mike because of Mark's points. Mark is a favorite by less than half a point, but I do think he gets the win here. He gets back Travis Kelce and Tyreek Hill and just feel like he's got a more stable team than Drew. Drew's got Brees and his RB's of course, but those WR are just dart throws and who knows how good they'll be. A win for Mark could get him a bye depending on the fates of me, Matt, and Leland.

Light's Broken Bots (7-5) vs
Scott's Tots (6-6)

Yahoo Says: Kenny Wins
I say: Kenny wins. This is the definition of a heavyweight fight as Matt gets Mahomes back and both teams have tons of firepower. Another critical matchup that will determine playoff seeding and possibly byes. Because Kenny's the 2nd leading scorer in the league, and it's not even close, Kenny's going to be making the playoffs. But he can finish anywhere from #2-#6 which is crazy. The Bye is tricky for Matt too, because even if Matt wins, he'll have to hope I lose or if I win, he'll have to outscore me. I'm only a little over a point and a half over him. If Kerryon Johnson misses another game, that'll be huge blow to Matt's chances and since Kenny's team seems more deep, I'll take Kenny here.

SCLSU MudDogs (6-6) vs
Hoosier Daddy (4-8)

Yahoo Says: Ryan Wins
I Say: Ryan wins. Ryan, like Albert has done an excellent job playing the spoiler role after upsetting Mark last week. Believe it or not, as slim as it is, I think there's still a chance for Alex to make the playoffs. He'd need to win and the rest of the 6-6 teams have to lose. That's A LOT to ask for, but hey..a chance it's a  chance. I just don't see Alex winning unfortunately.

No Soup For You (7-5) vs
Underdawg (5-7)

Yahoo Says: Leland wins
I Say: Leland wins. Leland went from a shoo in bye to needing to win this week to secure one. The silver lining is, Leland is 100% in, the worst he can finish is 4th seed, but it would be nice to avoid that extra week of work. Leland's two losses have been fluky to me, he lost a shootout where he put up 127 points, before that he lost to Matt by a mere 1 and a half points thanks to Mahomes going bonkers in that Rams/Chiefs Monday Night Shootout. I think he wins here. For Dad, win or loss doesn't matter, it's allllllllllll about points. He just needs a shootout to keep up points and hope that Mark loses and Mike scores low. If that happens, Dad can get in.

Rocket Man (6-6) vs
Trump 2020 (5-7)

Yahoo Says: Mike Wins
I say: Mike wins. Wow..what a difference 3 weeks makes. Eugene looked like a near lock for the #2 bye, now he's fighting for his playoff life. He's been on a 3 game losing streak, he lost Melvin Gordon, and even if A.J. Green does come back, who knows how effective he'll be his first week back and who knows how he'll perform with Jeff Driskel at QB. That's a lot of unknowns for me to be confident in Eugene's team. For Mike, just like Dad, it's not about wins and losses, it's about points. The more points Mike puts up, the better his gives himself for a chance to make the playoffs.













No comments:

Post a Comment