Wednesday, November 21, 2018

Week 12 Matchups and Predictions

The one thing I always hope for when playing in our league is still being in contention for the playoffs until at least Thanksgiving Week. I dunno, there's just something about meaningful football games and holidays that just feels right. Most years, I've at least been in contention, and this year is no different. Every week we get closer to the end of the regular season, the magnitude of the matchups increases ten fold. This year it feels like it increases 100 fold, because not one playoff spot has been clinched yet officially. A win here is CRUCIAL and there's a ton of pressure to make the right lineup decisions. This is going to be one of the most intense weeks we've seen in a long time. Here are this weeks Matchups and Predictions


Light's Broken Bots (7-4) vs
Rigmas Forever (6-5)

Yahoo Says: I win
I Say: Matt wins. Just because Yahoo was right last week, doesn't mean I have any confidence they'll be right again. Matt picked up a SUPER huge victory against Leland last week and is now in the driver's seat as far as the playoffs go. He basically just needs to win 1 of his last two and he should be good to go. I have seen zero consistency when it comes to my team. I haven't won back to back weeks since weeks 3/4 and then after dropping 2 straight, it's been nothing but alternating wins and losses each week and guess what...this week's turn is a loss. I know Matt's going to be without Mahomes and Kerryon Johnson, but let's not act like Tom Brady is Alex Smith or anything, despite his struggles. Also Juju/Gordon/Theilen/Gronk/Kittle all have dangerous high scoring upside. I also HATE the fact that I have 3 Thanksgiving plays, meaning this matchup has a chance to be over before the week even officially begins. I hate having to use Tarik Cohen because he's been just so bla the past couple of weeks. Until my team proves it can been consistent more than one week, I think Matt takes this and then I gotta hope for some help next week to keep my playoff hopes alive.

Trump 2020 (5-6) vs
I Am Queens Blvd (5-6)

Yahoo Says: Mike Wins
I Say: Drew wins. The winner keeps their faint playoff hopes alive, while the loser is basically done for the year. Mike and Drew swapped places after last week as Drew went from the Resurrected Hopeful to clinging on to a tiny chance at a playoff spot, while Mike's team was left for dead only to put up major points and score an upset against Mark and revive his playoff chances a bit. The loser here is probably done, unless high points are scored. Mike might be without Week 11 breakout star Tre'Quan Smith, while although Drew has no Todd Gurley, he still has Aaron Jones and Dalvin Cook. I give Drew the slight edge here.

Rocket Man (6-5) vs
Scott's Tots (5-6)

Yahoo Says: Kenny wins
I Say: Kenny wins. This is a HUGE matchup and this game is equally important for both teams. Kenny is 2nd in the league in points so beating Eugene would probably not only secure that points lead in case he needs it for the 6th seed, but Kenny would officially be in the playoffs record wise as well. For Eugene, a two game losing streak could not have come at a worse time. With A.J. Green's status up in the air (and also just how effective will he be if he does play) plus it looks like Eugene is going to have to rely on ol' wormhead Eli Manning, I think Kenny takes this week. For Eugene, he at the very least needs to put up some major points, because me and Matt are both close in points and there's a chance Eugene will be on the outside looking in if he can't put up points this week.

No Soup For You (7-4) vs
Channel 4 News Team (5-6)

Yahoo Says: Leland wins
I Say: Leland wins. Shockingly, Leland's 7 game win streak came to an end via a 1.5 point loss to Matt last week. We're still delaying the inevitable. Leland WILL get in. 7 wins and a HUGE points cushion makes it just a mere formality, but for his sake, it'd be nice to make it official this week. Even in victory Albert's team played terrible and overall Albert's 2nd to last in overall points. Leland "should" win this (I jinxed him last week, so maybe it happens again).

SLCSU MudDogs (6-5)  vs
Underdawg (4-7)

Yahoo Says: Dad wins
I Say: Dad wins. Holy crap does this look bad. I had to look twice to see if Alex had empty roster spots, but nope, the team he's trucking out there, in a must win, survival game, is projected to score 77 points. Dad's a 35 point favorite, but we allllllllllllllll know how Alex's voodoo magic works. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if Alex won a 72-65 slugfest but Dad SHOULD win if everything is right with this world. A loss here for Alex would really crush his playoff hopes. He needs wins to get in, more importantly 2 wins. Dad might not be playing for anything, but playing spoiler isn't a bad consolation prize.

Shock The Monkey (7-4) vs
Hoosier Daddy (3-8)

Yahoo Says: Ryan Wins
I Say: Mark wins. Just like Leland, Mark blew a golden opportunity to actually take over the #1 seed. He got upset by Mike despite a brilliant comeback but this week, despite playing the team with the worst record in the league, he'll be without all his Chiefs players. That's right no Tyreek Hill and no Travis Kelce. This gives Ryan the opening he needs to play spoiler. Even though Ryan's the favorite, I think somehow Mark finds a way to win. If he doesn't though..man does it complicate an already complicated playoff race.












No comments:

Post a Comment