Saturday, November 10, 2018

Thursday Night Overview: You Can't Stop The Inevitable

Image result for cam newton tj watt 
Nothing pisses me off more than being right in such an unpredictable game like Fantasy Football. For reasons unexplained, my team ALWAYS craps the bed against teams that on paper, look way less talented then mine. It's why I can never trust my team. One week, I'm scoring 125+ and beating a solid team, the next I'm losing to a team by 20 that I should've beaten by 30 and my team doesn't even put up 70. It happens EVERY TIME I'm a big favorite. So naturally, I roll into this week a 27 point favorite against Drew and whaddya know..right off the bat we get a BIG major underperformance from one of my top guns, Cam Newton. It was a mean tease because Newton drove the ball and threw a TD pass in the first 4 minutes of the game, but then the Panthers went to complete garbage and got destroyed. Newton only threw one more TD pass and just like that that 27 point spread is down to 10 and it's just the beginning. I just have a gut feeling my team is going to crap the bed YET again against a team I should just easily beat and it's going to of course cost me in the most crucial time of the year. So fucking frustrating. I have 0 confidence I'm winning this week now. I already see T.Y. Hilton and Tarik Cohen scoring less than 5 pts a piece and guys on Drew's team like Dion Lewis, Christian Kirk, and Josh Doctson over achieving and right back to mediocrity at 5-5 while also opening up everyone's chances like Albert, Mike, Drew and Kenny. Unbelievable and one of the reason I hate this game so much. I really wish Yahoo would just get rid of projections. I really do. I'd be 96-3 if projections were ever right since the majority of the time I'M THE FAVORITE. Anyways, it was a beat down of epic proportions but Kenny still got a masterful performance from Christian McCaffrey who has just been unbelievable these past few weeks. I scored 3 more TD's and that combined with Antonio Brown's great game (90+ and a score) and Kenny's not only gonna distance himself more in the points race but a win would be huge standings wise and it's not inconceivable that he's out of the wins race to the playoff either. Other teams that started Panthers weren't so lucky. Newton was mediocre, for Ryan D.J. Moore was medicore, for Dad it was Greg Olsen, and Albert Devin Funchess. Ryan though had Big Ben (5 TD's) and James Connor (decent yardage game and a TD before he was sat for concussion protocol which is something to keep an eye on) against Albert which masked the D.J. Moore performance and Ryan might finally get a W to snap his 6 game losing streak, while Albert's team continues to plummet being hampered by injury and inconvenient bye weeks. Matt got nearly 18 points off the bat this week with Juju and in a week without Adam Thielen that's HUGE and I'm basically already calling this as Matt will get to win #7 which should basically punch of playoff ticket.

No comments:

Post a Comment