Thursday, November 12, 2015

Who Will Get In?

This is always my favorite post of the season. We're down to the home stretch of the fantasy regular season with only 4 games left to go. This year's field is as competitive as ever, and it's really going to be hard to predict who's going to get in with so little separation between everyone. I will give it a shot though. Here's the breakdown of everyone's playoff chances.

Pretty Much a Lock

Kumamon Express (7-2)

Rest of Schedule: vs Albert
                                  Alex
                                  Leland
                                  Eugene

Ok, so with all my bitching, and moaning at the end of the day with 7 wins already in the bag, it would take a catastrophic free fall for me not to make it (well...it IS my luck...). The bye is a totally different story, that's not a given for sure and considering my schedule still has 3 playoff contenders combined with my team being annihilated with injuries, I can see me losing the bye. I just can't see me not making the playoffs. I have two very winnable games the next two weeks (even with my injuries, I SHOULD  be able to beat Albert and Alex), the matchups with Leland and Eugene scare me though. Getting to 8 wins would make me feel a lot more comfortable, but on the insane fact that I do somehow drop 6 straight, I still think my points get me in.

Rocket Man (7-2)

Rest of Schedule: vs Mark
                                  Mayra
                                  Albert
                                  Me

So again, because of points and record, Eugene should be in a comfortable position to make the playoffs in what has been an amazing run. Just like me, the bye is in question though, because that's a real tough schedule he has. Me, Mark, and Mayra are all elite teams to have deal with. The only close to a sure thing win in my book is Albert. He's definitely capable of winning against all of us, it's just going to be super tough. 1 win out of 4 though, 100% locks him in the playoffs. 

Close To A Sure Thing

Bigger Balls (5-4)

Rest of Schedule: vs Leland
                                  Eugene
                                  Matt
                                  Dad

So Mayra loses Le'Veon Bell, but is gifted Lamar Miller to reestablish her running game. Look at the points she just put up. She's not only a playoff contender but once again a TITLE contender. We'll see how yet another Big Ben injury affects Antonio Brown, but even with that, I still say she has enough to get in. Her last two matchups are cake, against the worst in the league, while she has a couple of tests in Leland and Eugene. Since I think 7 wins is the goal, I say she gets those with a legit shot at 8 if she can split the next two weeks.

Shock The Monkey (5-4)

Rest Of Schedule: Vs Eugene
                                    Matt
                                    Dad
                                   Kenny

After an 0-3 start, Mark ripped off 5 wins in a row to not only get himself back into the thick of things ,but also get himself a chance at the bye. I still don't think he should've traded his best RB in Lamar Miller away for an WR 2 like Jarvis Landry (Miller's been a beast since Dan Campbell took over, plus Mark's other RB's aren't exactly reliable right now, besides Darren McFadden) but even despite that, he found waiver wire gold in Derek Carr and Gary Barnidge and along with his stud receivers in Alshon Jeffrey and Emmanuel Sanders, Mark has a very tough team to beat. His schedule is also very soft as faces 3 of the teams that are at the bottom of the league to end his season (though Kenny has the team that could play spoiler). His matchup with Eugene is his hardest, but it's definitely winnable. Based on schedule Mark should at the very least make the playoffs and in best case scenario get a bye as well.

They Have A Chance

No Soup For You (5-4)

Rest Of Schedule:   vs Mayra
                                     Albert
                                     Me
                                    Alex

So Leland also started out 0-3 before picking up 5 wins out of his last 6 matchups. The loss of Keenan Allen is a terrible blow, but Leland's got a pretty deep squad and at the end of the day I think he's getting in. Mayra and Me are tough matchups, Albert should be a win, and Alex might be a toss up but I'd lean toward Leland in that matchup. If he can just get two out of those 4, he should be fine in getting in the playoffs.

Sons Of The Harpy (4-5)

Rest of Schedule: vs Matt
                                 Dad
                                 Kenny
                                 Ryan

I put Drew on here because I just can't see this team NOT making the playoffs. On paper, he couldn't have it easier. 3 of the 4 teams he faces are the in the bottom of the league, while the 4th (Ryan) in basically on par with him. He needs 3 out of 4 for a realistic shot and I think he gets it. There's too much talent on that team NOT to get it. He might be a game behind the rest, but I'll give the him edge over Alex for that final slot.

Winter Is Over (5-4)

Rest of Schedule: vs Kenny
                                  Me
                                  Ryan
                                  Leland

I know he's just won two straight, but some of the performances have been fluky (Brees with his 50+ points, Delanie Walker getting a bs 60 yard TD) and I just don't like that roster at all. Eddie Lacy sucks, Jimmy Graham is non existent, the receivers are ancient and nicked up all the time, C.J. Spiller is not really startable etc. On paper, his schedule doesn't look too bad and you can make the argument he just needs to win 2 out of 4 to get in, which is why I fully believe he's in the hunt. I just like Drew's team better talent wise and although it probably won't happen, I can actually see him losing these next 4 games. It's possible. None of them are gimmies. He has the 1 game advantage, but give me Drew's team over this team in my opinion.

Hoosier Daddy (4-5)

Rest Of Schedule: vs Dad
                                  Kenny
                                  Alex
                                  Drew

The last of the contenders in my opinion. I think these four teams will be fighting for the last two playoff spots. Ryan's team is much better than it's record shows. Look at the points he scores. Unfortunately, he got the horrible news that Andrew Luck is out for at least a month. That's a HUGE blow to his team. Nevertheless, he actually probably is in the best position of Alex and Drew and himself because it seems he can control his destiny. Beating those guys to end the season would be HUGE. Plus he's got a matchup against my Dad that should be winnable. The matchup against Kenny will be tough. It'll be hard, but I wouldn't count Ryan out just yet.

It's Gonna Take a Miracle

Woe Is Me (3-6)

Rest Of Schedule: Vs Alex
                                   Ryan
                                   Drew
                                   Mark

Basically this last group of teams is done. They'd have to not only run the table but hope a ton of stuff happens to have a chance...THEN also have the points to win a tie breaker. I only put Kenny up here, because he's the only with a legit shot at running the table, albeit it won't be easy of course, but Kenny has the players to do it. Unfortunately, even if he does run the table, his points are so bad he'd lose any tiebreakers. I don't think he makes it unscathed, but it also wouldn't surprise me. All 4 teams he faces are vying for a playoff spot, so he can have some fun and play spoiler. I know out of the 3-6 teams left, Kenny's is not one I'd want to face.

BigBadBob (3-6)

Rest Of Schedule: vs Ryan
                                  Drew
                                  Mark
                                  Mayra

Like Kenny in regards to wins, the reason I put Dad next in line of 3-6 teams is that if he managed the improbable, he's the only one out of the 4 that can really compete with points. Should he run the table, he might be able to actually win the points tie breaker depending on who he was tied with. Unfortunately, that schedule is BRUTAL. Again, like Kenny, all 4 teams vying for a playoff spot, while Mark and Mayra are in the upper tier of contention. Dad could also be chasing my shitty record of most losses in a row. I had 9. If Dad loses out (and with his schedule, there's a slight chance he might) he'd be at 10 in a row. Nonetheless, Dad has a solid team to compete, so he's not a doormat. I have a feeling at least one of those teams he faces will end up losing to Dad, and it would put a major dent in their playoff hopes.

Channel 4 News Team (3-6)

Rest of Schedule: vs Me
                                  Leland
                                  Eugene
                                  Matt

I'd basically put Albert and Matt at the same shot of running the table. Ironically, he's supposed to beat me this week according to Yahoo, but even if he does, he still has Leland and Eugene on that schedule, and ends the schedule with an irrelevant matchup against Matt. One loss and he's out, and there's no doubt he's dropping one of the next 3, the schedule is just way too rough. On the off chance he does run the table, I give him the edge over Matt, because like Dad, Albert can actually compete in points for the tie breaker.

Light's Broken Bots (3-6)

Rest of Schedule: vs Drew
                                  Mark
                                 Mayra
                                 Albert

The Curse Of The Defending Champion hit Matt hard this year. Thanks to injuries, Matt struggled all season and looking at that schedule, it's pretty much a lock he won't be able to have the chance to defend his title this season. He's already a double digit underdog against Drew this week, then has to play Mark and Mayra. Like Albert, by the time he gets to Week 13, their matchup more than likely won't mean anything. I don't see Matt winning those next 3 and if it did somehow come down to Albert and Matt for a chance at the last playoff spot, I'd probably give the edge to Albert's team. It just wasn't in the cards for Matt this year.

 



 


No comments:

Post a Comment