Friday, November 13, 2015

Thursday Night Overview/Week 9 Awards

 
Well, fantasy wise the Thursday night game was nothing to write home about. We'll start with Albert, as he had Sammy Watkins who was held in check to 3 catches and 14 yards. I'll take the start, but it doesn't really mean anything if a) my guys suck and b)his other guys go off (remember Mayra had 4 guys score under 7 points combined last week and still beat my ass, so I'm no longer putting stock into one bad play). Mayra played Karlos Williams and he did his job, scoring a TD. She's still a huge underdog but at least Williams almost doubled his projection. With Matt's QB situation in dire straits again, he decided to roll with Ryan Fitzpatrick. Fitzpatrick had a decent game with a couple of TD scores, but he did have 2 costly picks. It's not exactly the start Matt needs if he wants to upset Drew. See what I mean about Kenny having a great chance to play spoiler from this point on? Although Brandon Marshall scored a TD, he had little yardage and didn't even reach 10 points. Eric Decker continues his impressive season with yet another TD and 85 receiving yards, while Chris Ivory had 135 total yards (he did fumble though). Alex would be in even more trouble had Kenny played LeSean McCoy. Kenny benched McCoy because of injury concerns and matchup but McCoy played like the Shady of old as he looked real sharp and had 159 total yards. Despite benching him, I still think Kenny's in the driver seat in this matchup. Onto the Week 9 Awards.

Wane McGarity Stud Of The Week
Antonio Brown (Bigger Balls)
 
When you have a player who breaks franchise records in receptions (17) and yards in a game (284) you can afford to have half your team suck and still win easily. That's exactly what happened last week with Mayra against me.

Michael Wiley Dud Of The Week
Eddie Lacy (Winter Is Here)
 
Even though Alex won easily last week, I can't ignore the fact how god awful Lacy's been. He makes C.J. Anderson look like a 1st round steal. Lacy beyond sucks as proof to his game against the Panthers last week. He finished with -1.00 points. That's absurd. He literally did less than nothing. What a waste.

Drew Bennett Sneaky Surprise Play Award
Richard Rodgers (Winter Is Over)
 
It was plays like this, that helped Alex survive that horrible Lacy game. With Anquan Boldin ruled out again, Alex flexed Richard Rodgers and it worked out perfectly. 2 TD's and almost 16.5 points. 

Jay Cutler Bad Decision Award
I play Marquess Wilson over Jordan Matthews
 
This could be one that haunts me later on. So I was down a ton, and felt like I needed a hail mary play to have a small chance at winning so I benched Jordan Matthews who's been terrible most of the season for Marquess Wilson, who was the #2 receiver in Chicago with Eddie Royal out. That game was supposed to be a shootout with plenty of points to go around. I had already done this before, a couple of weeks ago, when I benched Matthews on Sunday night with Michael Floyd on Monday Night and it worked out perfectly. This time though...it blew up in my face. Matthews went on to have a game winning TD in overtime and ended up with nearly 24 points, while Marquess Wilson got me a mere 2. I would've beaten Mayra had I played Jordan Matthews. This late in the season, when things are so close, it was a terrible mistake, that in the long run could cost me a bye.

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment