Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Week 12 Matchups and Predictions

Oh boy, so we're down to the last two weeks and everyone is still in the hunt for the final 4 playoff spots up for grabs (Eugene and I have already clinched). Every single lineup decision is critical as it becomes the difference to living to play another day or gearing up for the super depressing Michael Wiley Loser Bowl. Let's get to the predictions.

Kumamon Express (9-2) vs
No Soup For You (6-5)

Matchup Stats
All Time Record: I lead series 6-3-1

What's At Stake
For Me: #1 Seed
For Leland: Playoff berth

Predictions: I Say, Leland wins. I KNOW I've won the past two, but the caliber of opponents wasn't that great. Alex was playing without his main QB (Drew Brees) and I only beat Albert by 4. Before that, I lost to two playoff caliber teams. My team right now, is struggling and until I see something from T.Y. Hilton and Randall Cobb and also see how Matt Forte comes back from his injury I'm not going to pick myself to beat Leland. Leland takes this and gets one step closer to the playoffs. I can afford the loss anyways.

Rocket Man (8-3) vs
Channel 4 News Team (4-7)

Matchup Stats
All Time Record: Eugene leads series 5-1

What's At Stake
For Eugene: #1/#2 seed; bye
For Albert: Stay alive in playoff hunt

Predictions: I Say Eugene wins. Eugene is still in the hunt for the #1 seed and if I lose and Eugene wins, the #1 seed will come down to who wins the last week of the regular season. If somehow Eugene loses, he might be fighting for the #2 seed depending on how Mark does. Albert's already played spoiler once, but I think with the byes over, Eugene takes this as he just has the better overall roster.

Bigger Balls (5-6) vs
Light's Broken Bots (4-7)

Matchup Stats
All Time Record: Series is tied 3-3

What's At Stake
For Mayra: Playoff Berth
For Matt: Stay Alive in Playoff Race

Predictions: I say Mayra wins. Mayra gets a much needy cushy matchup against Matt and his injury ravaged team. Mark beat Matt without his top two plays by 30. Even with Big Ben and OBJ coming back, Mayra should still have enough ammo to get win #6 and keep that #6 playoff spot for another week. If Matt does do the unthinkable (like in the finals) he'll keep his slim playoff hopes alive as well.

Shock The Monkey (7-4)
BigBadBob (5-6)

Matchup Stats
All Time Record: Dad leads series 3-2

What's At Stake
For Dad: Playoff Berth
For Mark: Automatic playoff berth. Chance at #2 seed and bye

Predictions: I Say Dad wins. Dad's been on a nice mini run here as of late, scoring points by the buckets. I'm going to give the edge since it looks like Alshon Jeffrey might not play yet again. For Mark if he gets the win, it'll be win #8 and thus he'd clinch a playoff spot and also depending on what happens with Eugene could be in the hunt for the 2nd seed as well.

Woe Is Me (5-6) vs
Sons Of The Harpy (4-7)

Matchup Stats
All Time Record: Kenny leads series 5-4

What's A Stake
For Kenny: Stay Alive in Playoff Race
For Drew: Stay Alive in Playoff Race

Predictions: I say Kenny wins. With a 3 game winning streak, he's the hottest team in the league right now. It wasn't pretty last week, but Kenny has slowly turned his season around and he faces another stiff test in Drew. Drew's on the opposite side of the spectrum as he's dropped his last 3 and his team has been super disappointing. I gotta go with the hot team and say Kenny survives and will get one more week to try to snake away a playoff berth. If Drew does win, with help, he'll still be alive for a playoff shot in Week 13.

Winter Is Over (5-6) vs
Hoosier Daddy (4-7)

Matchup Stats
All Time Record: Alex leads series 2-0

What's At Stake
For Alex: Stay Alive in Playoff Race
For Ryan: Stay Alive in Playoff Race

Predictions: I Say Ryan wins. Alex went from being in the playoffs to being on the outside looking in. His team's talent has finally caught up with him. He does get Drew Brees back, but I just believe Ryan has the better team. Alex has a better shot at the playoffs than Ryan if he can win, but for Ryan a win keeps a shot at the playoffs a reality. 








No comments:

Post a Comment