Friday, October 12, 2012

Thursday Night Overview: The Curse Continues

I don't care what people say, curses are real dammitt....at least this one is. Thursday Night Football has been nothing but horrible for me this year. I've never been a fan of Thursday Night Football, because I hate wasting plays so early in the week. Plus it doesn't give players enough rest. So why do I call it a curse? Well let's take a stroll down memory lane shall we?

Week 1: It's technially a Wednesday game but it would've been a Thursday game hadn't not been for Obama's speech. Kenny gets 39 points from Tony Romo and Miles Austin combined. 

Week 2: Matt Forte rolls his ankle and misses the 2nd half of the game

Week 3: Leland starts 4 Giants Starters against me. Andre Brown, Martellus Bennett, Victor Cruz, and Eli Manning. They combine for 63.5 points including 25.5 from Brown. Brown and Bennett haven't been fantasy relevant since.

Week 4: The only reason nothing bad happened, was because neither me or dad had players in this game.

Week 5: Arizona's "top ranked defense" sucks ass against Shitty Sam Bradford and the Danny Amendola-less Rams. They get me a total of 4 points

and that leads to.....

Week 6: The Pittsburgh Defense (ranked #1 by several fantasy experts) gives up 26 points to a struggling Titans team giving me a total of 5 points and the kicker? Rashard Mendenhall becomes the 4th running back in 6 games on my roster to get knocked out of a game early due to injury. Total points? 1.5.

Seriously....tell me that's not a curse. Not one good thing has happened on Thursday Nights...EVER for me. Down the same familiar road of staring down yet another loss (possibly 5 consecutive) in this never ending nightmare of a season. My only saving grace is Antonio Brown sucked (20 yards receiving, 4 points total), but even with that, that Mendenhall play is a CRUSHING blow to my chances of winning this week. It's basically like not playing a running back.  Anyways, those are how the cards fall for me, and there's really nothing I can do. It was a quiet Thursday as only 2 other teams had plays, Mike Wallace had two catches for Drew but one of them was an 82 yard TD. Drew's beating Mike, this just reaffirms it. Albert had to plug in Nate Washington since Brandon Marshall is on bye, and he beat his projection, which is all you can really ask for. Still say Kenny takes this one as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment