Wednesday, September 5, 2018

Week 1 Matchups and Predictions

Here are my picks for Week 1. Kinda hard to not go chalk Week 1 with nothing really to go on.


Rigmas Forever (Me) vs
Light's Broken Bots (Matt)

Yahoo Says: I win
I say: I win. I really hate being such a huge favorite as it tends to be a big disappointment and puts huge pressure on my guys to live up to the scoring. Matt's Patriots trio scares me, and there's a couple of matchups for my guys I'm not fond of, but I'll give myself the week one edge as on paper I do have the more talented team.

I Am Queens Blvd (Drew) vs
Trump 2020 (Mike)

Yahoo Says: Drew Wins
I Say: Drew wins. This is definitely closer than I thought, I'll give Drew the slight edge here because one Mike's main guys (Mike Evans) won't have his QB for the first few weeks of the season. This could be a possible upset though, wouldn't surprise me.

Underdawg (Dad) vs
SCLSU MudDogs (Alex)

Yahoo Says: Dad Wins
I Say: Dad wins. This couldn't have a better start for Dad and a worse start for Alex. Dad is far from the underdog here and he should easily dispatch of Alex who would be even in a worse spot if indeed Le'Veon Bell is ruled officially out. Just can't see how Alex can withstand Dad's firepower here.


No Soup For You (Leland)  vs
Channel 4 News Team (Albert)

Yahoo Says: Leland wins
I say: Leland wins

Just going overall talent here as Leland should be able to start this season off with a W. He's got the better team than Albert. It hurts that Albert's #1 player Odell Beckham has a tough matchup against Jalen Ramsey and Jacksonville.

Scott's Tots (Kenny) vs
Rocket Man (Eugene)

Yahoo Says: Kenny wins
I Say: Eugene wins

Kenny is the smallest of small favorites here, it's truly a toss up. Because of Kenny's various unknowns (how effective Watkins, Jordan Wilkins, and Jordy Nelson will be) I'm going to go with the safer pick in Eugene. It won't be a slam dunk at all, but Eugene has a lineup I'd be more confident in as a whole.

Hoosier Daddy (Ryan) vs
Shock The Monkey (Mark)

Yahoo Says: Ryan wins
I Say: Ryan wins. I was down on both these teams, but someone has to win. I'm going with Ryan with the slightly better roster.




No comments:

Post a Comment