Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Week 9 Matchups and Predictions

On to Week 9 we go....


Danny's Little Giants (5-3)  vs
Bigger Balls (5-3)

Matchup Stats
All Time Record: Series tied 1-1
Last Matchup: I beat Mayra 106-98.5 in the 9th Place game of the 2012 Michael Wiley Loser Bowl

Key Players

Danny's Little Giants: Philip Rivers (Redskins) Brandon Marshall (Packers) Vincent Jackson (Seahawks) Pierre Garcon (Chargers) LeSean McCoy (Raiders) Jason Witten (Vikings)

Bigger Balls: Aaron Rodgers (Bears) Dez Bryant (Vikings) Antonio Brown (Patriots) Darren Sproles (Jets)

Wild Cards
Danny's Little Giants: Brandon Marshall's QB Situation. Difficult matchup for V-Jax. 50-50 timeshare for Chris Johnson? Slumping McCoy, Garcon, Witten

Bigger Balls: No Vernon Davis/Knowshon Moreno. RB production.

Predictions
Yahoo Says: I win 101-94
I say: I win. I gotta believe I can win, because I really need this win. On paper, hands down I look like the better team. On the field is a different story. Brandon Marshall no longer has Jay Cutler throwing to him, LeSean McCoy has been mediocre since the first couple of weeks, Pierre Garcon has been too. Jason Witten looks like the odd man out in Dallas, and Vincent Jackson, while a stud, faces a tough Seattle secondary. I'm nervous about that big time. I still believe I have enough talent to take the W...I hope so anyway.

Shock The Monkey (6-2) vs
Tebow4President (2-6)

No Matchup Stats

Key Players
Shock The Monkey: Matt Ryan (Panthers) Matt Forte (Packers) Rob Gronkowski (Steelers) Heath Miller (Patriots)

Tebow4President: Tom Brady (Steelers) Steve Smith (Falcons) Torrey Smith (Browns) Danny Woodhead (Redskins)

Wild Cards
Shock The Monkey: Gronk's health. Matt Ryan's bounce back. WR Production

Tebow4President: His whole team (yes again lol)

Predictions
Yahoo Says: Mark wins
I Say: Mark wins. I don't know who Leland is going to put in for Brandon Gibson and and C.J. Spiller but I don't think it's going to matter. Even though Mark's team looks weak as well, it should be good enough to get past Leland.

Dr. Light's Robots (3-5)    vs
Springville-Warrior (3-5)

No Matchup Stats

Key Players
Dr. Light's Robots: Robert Griffin III (Chargers) Jordy Nelson (Bears) Jamaal Charles (Bills) Jordan Reed (Chargers)

Springville-Warrior: Russell Wilson (Bucs) Fred Jackson (Chiefs) Antonio Gates (Redskins)

Wild Cards
Dr. Light's Robots: RGIII bounce back game? Zac Stacey's health

Springville-Warrior: DeMarco Murray's health. WR production

Predictions
Yahoo Says: Matt wins 100-79
I Say: Matt wins. The winner of this matchup is huge as they catapult into playoff contention once again. I'm going to go with Matt as he looks to have the more stable team.

Passion ofthe Puente (5-3)   vs
Channel 4 News Team (4-4)

Matchup Stats
All Time Record: Series is ties 2-2
Last Matchup: Albert won 120.5-107.5 in Week 12 in the 2012 Playoffs

Key Players
Passion ofthe Puente: Tony Romo (Vikings) Josh Gordon (Ravens) Marshawn Lynch (Bucs) Arian Foster* (Colts) Tony Gonzalez (Panthers)

Channel 4 News Team: A.J. Green (Dolphins) Alfred Morris (Chargers)

Wild Cards
Passion ofthe Puente: Arian Foster going to play? No Wes Welker. Colston's slump

Channel 4 News Team: Joe Flacco QB? WR production.

Predictions
Yahoo Says: Mike wins 97-79
I Say: Mike wins. Wow, didn't know Albert's team looked this bad on paper this week. Even if Arian Foster can't go, I think Mike will have enough to get by.

The Bad Robofies (6-2) vs
Not Even Lying (5-3)

Matchup Stats
All Time Record: Kenny leads 2-1
Last Matchup: Kenny won 82-71.5

Key Players

The Bad Robofies: Andre Johnson (Colts) Darren McFadden (Eagles) Ray Rice (Browns) Jimmy Graham (Jets)

Not Even Lying: Drew Brees (Jets) Trent Richardson (Texans)

Wild Cards
The Bad Robofies: Alex Smith at QB. Ray Rice's production. Jimmy Graham's health.

Not Even Lying: No Calvin/Demaryius. RB and WR Production.

Predictions
Yahoo Says: Dad wins 82-80
I Say: Dad wins. I really can't call this an upset because Kenny's without two of his top 3 players in  Megatron and Demaryius Thomas. Dad though is out his QB, Anquan Boldin, and Rueben Randle. Both guys are playing wildly inconsistent lineups. It's really a toss up, but I'll give Dad the slight edge.

I'm A Paul Heyman Guy (2-6) vs
Hoosier Daddy (2-6)

Matchup Stats
All Time Record: Drew leads series 3-1
Last Matchup: Ryan beat Drew 139-54.5 in Week 5 of the 2012 season

Key Players
I'm A Paul Heyman Guy: Andrew Luck (Texans) Terrence Williams (Vikings) Adrian Peterson (Cowboys) Jordan Cameron (Ravens) Keenan Allen (Redskins)

Hoosier Daddy: Cam Newton (Falcons) DeSean Jackson (Raiders) Eddie Lacy (Bears) Steven Ridley (Steelers)

Wild Cards
I'm A Paul Heyman Guy: Young WR Core and their production. No Reggie Bush. Who will be RB #2?

Hoosier Daddy: Larry Fitzgerald and Julius Thomas byes. Who will be Ryan's Tight End?

Predictions
Yahoo Says: Ryan Wins
I say: Ryan Wins. I don't know who Ryan will use at tight end, nor who Drew will use at his RB #2 slot so I'll leave Yahoo's point prediction out of this. This is do or die for these two teams as the loser will fall to a guaranteed losing record and miss the playoffs. I can definitely see Drew's team winning, but I'm going safe here with Ryan who has the most consistent team of the two.






No comments:

Post a Comment