Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Semifinals Matchups and Predictions

Well..here we are...the final 4. We've weeded out 8 teams so far and now we're left with the four best teams standing. Like I said in my last post, I truly believe these are the best 4 teams left which is rare to get considering how unpredictable this game is. Speaking of unpredictability, these playoffs have been a NIGHTMARE with the number of key injuries to superstar players. Kareem Hunt, Melvin Gordon, A.J. Green, Spencer Ware, Carson Wentz are just a few guys whose injuries are mucking things up for us. So without further ado...here's who I think is advancing to the 2018 Wane McGarity Bowl.

Rigmas Forever (8-5) vs
Scott's Tots (8-6)

Yahoo Says: Kenny wins
I Say: Kenny Wins. Oh boy....for me personally, Kenny is my BIGGEST rival. He's my best friend and we go all the way back to middle school. As far as fantasy goes, we've done sooooo many leagues together starting all the way back to the Good Ol' Sandbox days. Surprisingly, in all of the years we've played in this league, we rarely cross paths besides the mandatory regular season matchups. The only time we have in the playoffs? 2013..when I beat Kenny to win my one and only Wane McGarity Bowl. So to say this matchup means a lot to me and him is the biggest understatement. There's no one I'd rather beat to get to the top, and unfortunately I'd rather lose to anyone else than Kenny. There are a LOT of moving parts yet to be determined for both our lineups. So many unknowns, our lineups could change multiple times throughout the week. One thing that is for sure though is the ultimate reason for picking Kenny to beat me...he's just simply got the better overall team. It's way more balanced than mine. I have a nagging Cam injury, uncertainty at tight end, a hobbled T.Y. Hilton, a struggling Saints combo, a questionable flex, it's just a lot of wild cards and it would be nearly impossible for me to hit on every decision I have to make. I feel like Kenny has the more stable team and he's been on a tear the last few weeks. I would 100% love to be wrong, but just being real here. This is Kenny's to take. Hope my team proves me wrong...we'll see.


No Soup For You (8-5) vs
Light's Broken Bots (8-6)

Yahoo Says:  Leland Wins
I Say: Matt wins. Oh boy..talk about a matchup that has had so many twists and turns. First of all remember just a mere couple of weeks ago it was Matt that broke Leland's 7 game winning streak by barely a point or two after that unbelievable Rams vs Chiefs shootout. At first, I thought Leland was a shoo in for the Finals..then he turned around and lost both Kareem Hunt and Emmanuel Sanders...then I thought Matt was the no doubt winner after he blitzed Mark in Round 1..but now Matt will be without the services of Spencer Ware and Kerryon Johnson yet again and once again Matt's RB Depth is thin...so it seems like advantage Leland again right? Until you realize that Matt's running back depth has been thin ALL SEASON basically and he's still been able to overcome it because of the enormous depth at the rest of his positions, starting with Patrick Mahomes. When you have Mahomes, Juju, Thielen, Gronk, and Kittle you can more than afford to have mediocre RB plays. Yahoo has Leland as a small favorite but I think Matt takes it and advances to his 2nd Wane McGarity Bowl.



No comments:

Post a Comment