Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Week 3 Matchups and Predictions

Here we go, into week 3 and right now we got 3 undefeated teams, 3 winless teams and everyone else in between. It's a crucial week for us winless teams as falling to 0-3 gets us one step closer to extinction. Here are this week's matchups and predictions.

Light's Broken Bots (1-1) vs
Catch My Javelin (0-2)

All Time Record: I lead series 8-6

Key Players

Light's Broken Bots: Tom Brady (Texans) Dez Bryant (Cardinals) Jordy Nelson* (Bengals) Demaryius Thomas (Bills) Martavis Bryant (Bears)

Catch My Javelin!: Ben Roethlisberger (Bears) Alshon Jeffrey (Giants) Mike Evans (Vikings) Doug Baldwin (Titans) Jordan Reed* (Raiders)

Wild Cards

Light's Broken Bots: RB Play. Tough Matchup for Dez. Health of Demaryius Thomas and Jordy Nelson

Catch My Javelin: Tough Matchup for Mike Evans. RB Play. Jordan Reed's health

Predictions
Yahoo Says: Matt wins
I Say: Matt wins. I really wish I had that 2-0 buffer, because it's not going to get any easier the next couple of weeks. So I play Matt, which I think could be winnable except for the fact that two of my better receivers have terrible matchups, my tight end has a great matchup buy might not play, and I have no confidence in my running backs. This season has turned into a disaster really quick and even a desperation trade for Doug Baldwin won't help me this week against Matt. 0-3 (going to be 0-4 because I play Kenny NEXT WEEK) here I come.

BigBadBob (1-1) vs
Rocket Man (1-1)

All Time Record: Dad leads series 3-2

Key Players

BigBadBob: Aaron Rodgers (Bengals) DeAndre Hopkins (Patriots) Devante Adams (Bengals) Isaish  Crowell (Colts) Devonta Freeman (Lions)

Rocket Man: Matthew Stafford (Falcons) Julio Jones (Lions) Kelvin Benjamin (Saints) Melvin Gordon (Chiefs) C.J. Anderson (Bills) Rob Gronkowski (Texans)

Wild Cards

BigBadBob: Can Isaish Crowell FINALLY break out? Tight End Play.

Rocket Man: Gronk's Health. Flex Play.

Predictions:
Yahoo Says: Eugene wins
I Say: Eugene wins. I mean I picked against Dad when he was the big underdog against Albert and he pulled off the upset, who's to say he doesn't do it again against Eugene? I like Dad's team a lot, and I really think if his guys play up to their talents, it's going to be a close matchup, I just like Eugene's team a little bit more and think he pulls off the victory.

Hoosier Daddy (2-0) vs
Channel 4 News Team (1-1)

All Time Record: Albert leads series 9-7

Key Players

Hoosier Daddy: Kirk Cousins (Raiders) Michael Crabtree (Redskins) Ezekiel Elliott (Cardinals) Leonard Fournette (Ravens) DeSean Jackson (Vikings)

Channel 4 News Team: Derek Carr (Redskins) Amari Cooper (Redskins) Golden Tate (Falcons) Stefon Diggs (Bucs) Carlos Hyde (Rams) LeSean McCoy (Broncos) Ty Montgomery (Bengals)

Wild Cards

Hoosier Daddy: Kirk Cousins' struggles. T.Y. Hilton without Luck. Tough Matchup for Zeke.

Channel 4 News Team: Amari Cooper bounce back. Will Bradford play (Diggs)? Tough Matchup McCoy. Is Witten still an elite tight end?

Predictions
Yahoo Says: Albert wins.
I Say: Albert wins. These two have played each other a whopping 16 times, which of course makes sense since they've both been around since Year 1. I think Ryan's team is good, but not undefeated good (he should've fucking lost to ME for starters) and I think his luck finally catches up to him as Albert to me still has the far superior team. Last year, Ryan won 7 straight games before losing, this year, I think the streak ends at 2.

No Soup For You (1-1) vs
Shock The Monkey (1-1)

All Time Record: Leland leads series 5-2

Key Players

No Soup For You: Matt Ryan (Lions) A.J. Green (Packers) Keenan Allen (Chiefs) Michael Thomas (Panthers) Lamar Miller (Patriots)

Shock The Monkey: Brandin Cooks (Texans) Tyreek Hill (Chargers) Delanie Walker (Seahawks)

Wild Cards

No Soup For You: A.J. Green-Dalton Connection. Lamar Miller's play.

Shock The Monkey: DeMarco Murray's Health. DeShone Kizer at QB.

Predictions
Yahoo Says: Leland wins
I Say: Leland wins. I think Leland bounces back from his Week 2 loss and beats what looks like on paper, a very shaky team now with an injury to DeMarco Murray and disappointing play from Russell Wilson. Marc traded away Doug Baldwin to ensure having the Titans Backfield should Murray miss the game or just get the job taken away from him. I already regret making that trade, but it's a long term move and I couldn't afford to wait after my 0-2 start. Eventually Henry will be the starter, but the only way that happens this week is if Murray can't go. I think A.J. Green bounces back and Leland takes this week to go to 2-1.

Easy Beasley (2-0) vs
SCLSU MudDogs (0-2)

All Time Record: Kenny leads series 2-1

Key Players

Easy Beasley: Philip Rivers (Chiefs) Antonio Brown (Bears) Jarvis Landry (Jets) Jay Ajayi (Jets) Christian McCaffrey (Sains) Travis Kelce (Chargers)

SCLSU MudDogs: Drew Brees (Panthers) Larry Fitzgerald (Cowboys) Le'veon Bell (Bears) Marshawn Lynch (Redskins) Zach Ertz (Giants)

Wild Cards

Easy Beasley: Can Christian McCaffrey FINALLY go off against the Saints? Buck Allen play

SCLSU Mud Dogs: Can Le'Veon Bell live up to Elite Status? WR Play.

Predictions
Yahoo Says: Kenny wins
I Say: Kenny wins. Either Alex gets his first win, or Kenny keeps the undefeated streak alive. I gotta with Kenny's team, who has played pretty damn good to start the season, the opposite of how Alex's guys have performed. I think Alex has a solid squad but I got to see them play better as a whole before I can have the confidence to pick him to win. Edge to Kenny here.

BABY CARROTS (2-0) vs
Woe Is You (0-2)

All Time Record: Drew leads series 3-2

Key Players

BABY CARROTS: Cam Newton (Saints) Emmanuel Sanders (Bills) DeVante Parker (Jets) Todd Gurley (49ers) Dalvin Cook (Bucs)

Woe Is You: Terrelle Pryor Sr. (Raiders) Odell Beckham Jr. (Eagles) Kareem Hunt (Chargers)

Wild Cards

BABY CARROTS: Cam's struggles. Tight End and Flex Play

Woe Is You: Beckham's health. Basically everyone outside of Kareem Hunt.

Predictions
Yahoo Says: Drew wins.
I Say: Drew wins. Yes, that means I think all the winless teams stay winless. Mike's situation looks dire as he's going with a bunch of risky dart throw plays at basically every position. Maybe they work out, but I think Drew's got a more stable group of guys and his surprise undefeated start will continue for another week.












No comments:

Post a Comment