Saturday, September 30, 2017

Thursday Night Overview/Week 3 Awards

Chicago Bears v Green Bay Packers : News Photo 
Well..Thursday Night Football went right back to being a boring snoozefest (complete with a 45 minute weather delay) that always has been. The Bears looked so god awful (especially Mike fucking Glennon, good lord) and this game was literally over in 53 seconds after a Bears turnover caused the Pack to go up 14-0 in under a minute. On the Green Bay side Aaron Rodgers did his thing for Dad with 4 TD's (including one to Devante Adams so Dad double dipped) and two more for Jordy Nelson to help Matt in his matchup. Luckily for Dad, Rodgers didn't throw a TD to Marty B, who Ryan had. Bennett caught 6 balls, but for only 39 yards. Two big losses though happened on the Green Bay side. Ty Montgomery left the game early with what appears to be broken ribs. That would be a HUGE loss for Albert if he has to miss some time and it already puts him a hole against Drew this week as he only managed like 2 points before exiting the game. The scarier injury though, was Devante Adams, who got absolutely destroyed by what looked like a dirty hit from Danny Trevathan. I've honestly never seen a more brutal hit to the head in all my days watching football as Adams mouthpiece just flew out and he went motionless immediately afterwards. It was a scary sight indeed, and thankfully it looks like Adams is as good as good can be, though there's no doubt he's got a concussion at the very least. Fantasy wise, that would be a huge blow to Dad's team (Adams had actually scored on the previous play but it was called back by penalty), but in real life, I'm hoping that's all it was, because it looked brutal. I'm the only idiot who had Bears players going (2 to be exact, lol) and of course they were terrible. I actually turned the game off in frustration after Glennon threw his 2nd stupid inexplicable pick late in the 3rd quarter. I was mildly amused to wake up and see Jordan Howard had a scored a TD, but in all honesty it was still a total bust of a performance from him and Tarik Cohen combined and things are off the bat looking bleak for me to get my first win of the season.  Onto the Week 3 Awards

Wane McGarity Stud Of The Week
Tom Brady (Light's Broken Bots)
Houston Texans v New England Patriots : News Photo 
Yup..back to back weeks and how can't he be? He throws up 5 TD passes and 40 points. He's absolutely the reason Matt is 2-1 so far.

Michael Wiley Dud Of The Week
Mike Posey's Entire Team 
Denver Broncos v Buffalo Bills : News Photo 
Definitely a team effort this week as Mike puts up the 3rd lowest score in league history. It was bad...really bad. Todd Gurley literally almost beat this entire team by himself (he only had .06 less than Mike's entire team)

Drew Bennett Sneaky Surprise Play
DeShone Kizer (Shock The Monkey)
Cleveland Browns v Indianapolis Colts : News Photo 
What a gutsy move by Marc. I know Russell Wilson has come slow out the gate, but still to bench him for a rookie Cleveland QB was borderline crazy and although Russell Wilson ended up having a great game and outscored Kizer by 12 (putting up nearly 38 points) Kizer was definitely no slouch. What could have been a single digit floor game and cost Marc a win, actually helped Marc win. Kizer but up nearly 26 points himself as Marc easily beat Leland to go to 2-1. Sometimes a little risk is what you need to get your team back on track. Well played.


Jay Cutler Bad Decision Award
All My Terrible Lineup Decisions
Dallas Cowboys v Arizona Cardinals : News Photo 
It's not a coincidence that both negative awards belong to the two teams that are a combined 0-6 to start the season. I didn't help my situation by any means this week, making the wrong move time after time when it came to lineup decisions. My first move was to bench Jordan Howard. Though it was a legit move in my eyes (hurt, coming off a under 1 point game and the Bears sucking so much that game script renders Howard useless) he blew up for 29 points on my bench. Mistake #2..chickening out and playing Coby Fleener over Vernon Davis/Jordan Reed. It's the whole entire reason I picked up Vernon Davis. As insurance in case Reed can't go. Instead, I got cold feet and went with Coby Fleener (3 TD's in his last two games and with Snead still out suspended I figured he'd still be involved in the passing game...WRONG). Vernon Davis scores and puts up nearly 15 points, while Fleener puts up 2. Even after all that, I was STILL in a position to win. Which Cardinals receiver was I gonna use..the safe but boring Jaron Brown or the fast big play J.J. Nelson. Naturally I went Nelson and he got me a big 0, while Jaron Brown scored on the first drive of the game. Again..if I make the right decision on any one of those plays..I win. Just proves that sometimes it's not all luck and sometimes you gotta face the facts..I'm just not good at managing my team. The 0-3 record is fully deserved.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment