Thursday, November 13, 2014

The Final Playoff Stretch: Who's in???

I typically do this around this time..time to speculate who's going to end up making the playoffs. I'm only going to focus on Spots 3-6. Mayra's already clinched a playoff berth and Albert's not that far away from one. That still leaves 5 teams for 4 spots. Who's getting in? Here's a look at who I believe is getting in.

My Final 4 in

Alex (Winter Is Here)
Record: 6-4
Rest of Schedule: Vs Leland
                                  Eugene
                                  Dad

Why I think he's in: He's got the biggest advantage over everyone with points. The only one close to him is Eugene but he has a game advantage over him. If Alex gets to 7 wins that should be enough to get in. I have no doubt he'll get a win out of his last 3. For his sake it'd be best to get that win against Leland. Eugene is going to be a dogfight and Dad will be tough too.

Eugene (Rocket Man)
Record: 5-5
Rest of Schedule: Vs Drew
                                  Alex
                                  Me

Why I Think He's In: It's crazy to put him this high considering he's a game behind the other 4, which means he can only afford to lose once more, but that roster is TOO GOOD. He's got one win in the bag against me. He'll just need a win against Drew or Alex to seal the deal. I think he gets one.

Matt (Dr. Light's Robots)
Record: 6-4
Rest of Schedule: Vs Albert
                                   Mark
                                   Ryan

Why I Think He's In: Matt's got enough points for the tiebreaker and he gets two shots at getting a 7th win against non playoff teams. Matt could end up finishing 3rd. I'm pretty confident Matt's in. Especially with one of those matchups being against Mark.

Drew (JTG's Warehouse)
Record 6-4
Rest of Schedule: Vs Eugene
                                   Dad
                                   Kenny

Why I think he's in: I even have Drew losing a critical game to Dad in Week 12. I think Drew drops the next two but then has the most cushy matchup you can have against Kenny. Because of points, Drew will sneaky in at spot #6.

Odd Man Out
Dad (The Bad Robofies)
Record 6-4
Rest of Schedule: Vs Mayra
                                   Drew
                                   Alex

Why He Doesn't Make It: Not only does Dad have the WORST schedule of the 5 still in (all 3 matchups against playoff teams) but he has the worst points as well. He needs to get to 8 wins. He'll need to beat two of those three. I can see him beating Drew, but Mayra and Alex.....damn that's a tall task. Every time I count Dad out, he proves me wrong..I hope he does it again this year.






                                  

No comments:

Post a Comment