Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Round 2 Matchups and Predictions

We are down to the final four. There were no upsets in round 1, seeds 1-4 are all still intact. The winners of the semi-finals go on to the big game. Here are the semi-finals and predictions

(2) Danny's Little Giants (0-0) vs
(3) Welcome 2 Goodburger (1-0)

Playoff Record
Danny's Little Giants: 2-2
Welcome 2 Goodburger: 1-1

Matchup Stats
All Time Record: I lead series 5-2
Last Matchup: I beat Mike 108-69.5 in Week 3

Key Players
Danny's Little Giants: Matthew Stafford (Ravens) Brandon Marshall (Browns) Vincent Jackson (Bucs) Pierre Garcon (Falcons) Torrey Smith (Lions) LeSean McCoy (Vikings) Jason Witten (Packers)

Welcome 2 Goodburger: Tony Romo (Packers) Josh Gordon (Bears) Marshawn Lynch (Giants) Zac Stacy (Saints) Tony Gonzalez (Redskins)

Wild Card
Danny's Little Giants: Difficult matchups for Brandon Marshall and Vincent Jackson. Who's going to be my #2 RB. New QB for Garcon

Welcome 2 Goodburger: Wes Welker out with concussion. Production from rest of receiving core.

Predictions
Yahoo Says: I win 106-93
I say: Mike wins. Yep, it's the pessimist in me. I've seen my team perform horribly for 3 straight weeks. I lost to two non playoff teams and would've only beaten Mark by 3 points had I finished 3rd. My top WR's have tough matchups, my other WR has a new QB throwing to him, and I have no real RB #2 as I have no clue who I'm going to use (right now Montee Ball is in and he plays tomorrow). I know Welker's out and Mike's using Ace Sanders and Jarrett Boykin, but right now I need my team to prove me wrong. They haven't in a month.why would they now?

(1) The Bad Robofies (0-0) vs
(4) Not Even Lying (1-0)

Playoff Stats
The Bad Robofies: (0-2)
Not Even Lying: (1-1)

Matchup Stats
All Time Record: Series is tied 2-2
Last Matchup: Dad beat Kenny 126-78 in Week 9

Key Players
The Bad Robofies: Colin Kaepernick (Bucs) Andre Johnson (Colts) Jimmy Graham (Rams)

Not Even Lying: Drew Brees (Rams) Calvin Johnson (Ravens) Demaryius Thomas (Chargers) Shane Vereen (Dolphins)

Wild Cards
The Bad Robofies: Kaepernick/Boldin combo needs to come up big. Lottery tickets in Cordarrelle Paterson, Rod Streater, and Donald Brown. Ray Rice performance.

Not Even Lying: Burelson bounce back? Who's the #2 RB?

Predictions
Yahoo says: Kenny wins 108-89
I Say: Kenny wins. This is the matchup Kenny wanted and it's obvious why. On paper it should be no contest. But guess what? Dad's defied odds all year. I don't think I've ever seen a bigger #1 seed who was such an underdog than Dad. Dad lead the league in fantasy points against and it's not crazy to think it can't happen again. Conventional wisdom says it doesn't, and Dad has a TON of risky plays. He'll need a couple of those guys to hit big, but hey no one thought Dad had a playoff team much less a team that finished 1st, won a record 8 straight in a row, and got a bye. Maybe it's destiny, maybe it's luck, who knows, but whatever it is Dad will need it to advance past a pretty good team. Kenny's hoping to end the magical ride. We'll see what happens.


No comments:

Post a Comment