Wednesday, November 13, 2013

The Road To The 2013 Playoffs: Who's In??

I did this last year, figured it would be fun to look again and predict who's got a good shot at making the playoffs by looking at the rest of everyone's schedule. Start with the teams with the best shot down to the teams with no shot.

Locked and Loaded

The Bad Robofies
Current Record: 8-2
Remaining Schedule: vs. Albert
                                   vs. Eugene
                                   vs. Mark

Overview: Probably the only lock right now to get in due to his record. Dad also has a winnable schedule after Albert. Even if he loses this week, if he can just get one against Eugene or Mark, I'm pretty sure it'll lock him into a bye. No way Dad's not at the very least in the playoffs.


Strong Chance at Getting In

Danny's Little Giants 
Current Record: 7-3
Remaining Schedule:   vs. Ryan
                                     vs. Leland
                                     vs. Matt

Overview: My record gives me a leg up on the rest of the teams. If you were to tell me that I would get to play two losing teams in my last three games, with a 7-3 record, I would have said just give the bye already, but it's not that simple. Ryan is NOT a 2-8 team for one and that's a very losable game, when I play Leland I'll be without LeSean McCoy, which is a huge loss, though I should be able to survive, and then I end the season with a red hot Matt team. It's not that friendly, but I'm thinking I'll only need a win to at least get in the playoffs which at the very least I think I can get. I think a lot of stuff would have to happen for me NOT to get in...but it is me and my luck so anything's possible.

Probably In

Not Even Lying 
Current Record: 6-4
Remaining Schedule:   vs Eugene
                                     vs  Mark
                                     vs Mayra

Overview: Kenny's got a very friendly schedule, as all three teams are struggling at this point. He's got a good shot of running table and maybe even taking over a bye. He'll at the very least make it though.

Channel 4 News Team
Current Record: 5-5
Remaining Schedule:  vs Dad
                                    vs Ryan
                                    vs Eugene 

Overview: Yes I think Albert's got a slightly better shot than a couple of the 6-4 teams left. Why? His schedule is nice. Dad and Eugene are more than winnable. Now that Ryan matchup might be his toughest test, but I think he's got a better shot at running the table then the other teams left. If he runs the table, he'll get in.

Passion ofthe Puente
Current Record: 6-4
Remaining Schedule: vs. Mark
                                   vs. Mayra
                                   vs. Drew

Overview: The last of this category. Mike's schedule works in his favor as I believe he'll beat both Mark and Mayra which puts him at 8 wins. Beating Drew might be a plus for a possibly bye, but might not be necessary just to get in. 

Shaky Chance At Getting In

Shock The Monkey
Current Record: 6-4
Remaining Schedule: vs. Mike

                                   vs. Kenny
                                   vs. Dad

Overview: Who would've though after a 5-0 start, this would be the category Mark would be in. That schedule is tough. Nothing but playoff teams.  I can see him losing to both Mike and Kenny. By the time he gets to  Dad, even with a win, it might be too little too late. He needs to take one of the first two matchups along with beating Dad to get in.

Dr. Light's Robots
Current Record: 5-5
Remaining Schedule: vs. Mayra
                                   vs. Drew
                                   vs. Me

Overview: Matt has been the team making a mad run at unseating someone for a playoff spot. After starting 2-5, Matt's ripped open 3 straight wins and now finds himself in great position to make the playoffs for the 2nd straight time. The one thing though is a pretty tough schedule and his 5-5 record makes it almost a must to run the table. I can see him beating Mayra, but me and Drew, could go either way. I wouldn't count Matt out, but it's going to be a tough road to climb.

Bigger Balls
Current Record: 5-5
Remaining Schedule: vs Matt
                                   vs Mike
                                   vs. Kenny

Overview: Out of the 5-5 teams, probably the toughest schedule to overcome. Again at 5-5, Mayra would probably have to run the table to comfortable make it. Her team has been struggling, and who really knows when Aaron Rodgers is coming back. If he comes back in time, that'll be a huge break, but it looks like maybe he comes back Week 13 at the earliest. Her chances might be over by then.

So You're Saying There's a Chance?!

NEXT!!!!
Current Record: 4-6
Remaining Schedule: vs. Drew
                                   vs. Me
                                   vs. Ryan

Overview: My head would hurt thinking of what all has to happen, but yes, I think if you really research it, because Leland can finish 7-6 still, there's a super duper microscopic small chance the defending champion might sneak in. Here's why he won't. That schedule is brutally tough. If he runs the table, man he deserves a spot based on that alone. But even if he does, he's got the worst points in the entire league by far. Out of the teams still in contention the closest guy he's to is Mark, and he's still has over 100 points more than Leland. He won't win any tiebreakers. Ya never know though, stranger things have happened.

Maybe Next Year

Hoosier Daddy (2-8)
I'm a Paul Heyman Guy (3-7)
Springville-Warrior (3-7)

Overview: Unfortunately for these three teams, their seasons are over, but what better way to gain some kind of satisfaction by helping bounce a potential playoff team out? All 3 teams play playoff contenders in all 3 weeks, so there's a good shot we'll seem some spoiler action out there.

These Next 3 weeks should be interesting. We'll see what happens! 



 











No comments:

Post a Comment