Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Wane McGarity Bowl Round 1 Matchups and Predictions

For Dad, Mark, Drew, and Leland the celebration has to be short, because tomorrow already starts  Week 1 of  the playoffs. Let's get to the matchups and predictions.

No Soup For You (8-5) vs
Sons Of The Harpy (6-7)

Matchup Stats
All Time Record: Series is tied 3-3

Playoff Stats
Playoff Appearances
Leland: 3rd Playoff Appearance
Drew: 3rd Playoff Appearance

Playoff Record
Leland: 4-1
Drew: 1-2

Predictions: I say Drew wins. Deep down I know I was hoping Drew was going to be knocked out and not make the playoffs because talent wise, it's the best team out of the 6 left. He shored up his big running back weakness by adding Buck Allen and my only consolation is that he won't be able to knock me out in round 2. Even though Drew's top guys have difficult matchups and I just think they find a way to win. Leland has an impressive playoff record, and this is his first playoff appearance since winning it all on 2012. Leland's got a great team himself, but Todd Gurley has been slumping recently and it looks like DeMarco Murray is damn near unplayable. Just going by "best team on paper" theory here.

Shock The Monkey (8-5) vs
BigBadBob (6-7)

Matchup Stats
All Time Record: Series is tied 3-3

Playoff Stats
Playoff Appearances
Mark: 2nd Playoff Appearance
Dad: 4th Playoff Appearance

Playoff Record
Mark: 0-1
Dad: 1-3

Predictions: I Say Dad wins. Dad's made the playoffs 4 times in 5 seasons, but has yet to finish above 3rd. Mark made the playoffs in his first season but got knocked out in the 1st round. Mark just played Dad two weeks ago and beat him pretty soundly, but I think Dad gets revenge here. Dad's another team that just looks way better than his record shows. The Thomas Rawls pickup was a godsend. Mark's team is so unpredictable that I just trust Dad's team a little bit more. It wouldn't surprise me if he won, but it also wouldn't surprise me if he scored under 80 points. Slight edge to Dad here.






No comments:

Post a Comment