Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Week 1 Matchups and Predictions

 
We don't have any time to waste as the season starts Thursday Night with the Broncos vs Ravens. Draft is in the books and now it's time to play the games! Time for the Week 1 Matchups and Predictions!

Danny's Little Giants (0-0) vs
Tebow4President (0-0)

 Matchup Stats
All Time Record: I lead Series 2-1-1
Last Matchup: We tied 111.50-111.50 in Week 12 of the 2012 season

Key Players
Danny's Little Giants: Cam Newton (Seahawks) Larry Fitzgerald (Rams) Pierre Garcon (Eagles) LeSean McCoy (Redskins) David Wilson (Cowboys)

Tebow4President: C.J. Spiller (Patriots) Chris Johnson (Steelers) Randall Cobb (Giants) 

Wild Cards
Danny's Little Giants: David Wilson's first full start. Newton facing tough Seattle Defense

Tebow4President: Cutler at QB. T.Y. Hilton's role in Indy's offense. Spiller worth the 1st overall pick? Can Brandon Myers adequately fill in for Gronk?

Predictions
Yahoo Says: I win 94-85
I Say: I win. I NEVER pick myself, especially out of the gate, but if I'm gonna want to erase last season's taste out of my mouth, I have to win week 1. I worry about Cam being disappointing considering the matchup against a tough Seattle Defense, but hopefully the totality of my team can overcome Leland's team with Jay Cutler at QB and Brandon Myers at TE. I think it'll be close.

Dr. Light's Robots (0-0)  vs
I'm a Paul Heyman Guy (0-0)

Matchup Stats
All Time Record: Matt Leads Series 2-1-1
Last Matchup: Drew beat Matt 120.50-108 in Week 10 of the 2012 season

Key Players
Dr. Light's Robots: Robert Griffin III (Eagles) Roddy White (Saints) Jordy Nelson (49ers) Reggie Wayne (Raiders) Jamaal Charles (Jaguars) Maurice Jones Drew (Chiefs) 

I'm a Paul Heyman Guy: Andrew Luck (Raiders) Danny Amendola (Bills) Hakeem Nicks (Cowboys) Adrian Peterson (Lions) Reggie Bush (Vikings)

Wild Cards
Dr. Light's Robots: RG III ready to go? Health of Roddy White and Reggie Wayne. MJD's first real game after surgery.

I'm a Paul Heyman Guy: Health of Amendola and Nicks. Andrew Luck ready to take a giant leap? Reggie Bush's first regular season game as a Lion.

Predictions
Yahoo Says: Matt wins 102-97
I say: Matt wins. I think it'll be close, but I'll agree with Yahoo and give Matt the slight edge over Drew in this Cousin vs Cousin rivalry. I can see this being a high scoring affair, crushing the predictions Yahoo has set.

Passion ofthe Puente (0-0) vs
Bigger Balls (0-0)

Matchup Stats
All Time Record: Mayra Leads Series 1-0
Last Matchup: Mayra beat Mike 144-95 in Week 5 of the 2012 season

Key Players
Passion ofthe Puente: Tony Romo (Giants) Brandon Marshall (Bengals) Vincent Jackson (Jets) Wes Welker (Ravens) Arian Foster (Chargers) Tony Gonzalez (Saints)

Bigger Balls: Aaron Rodgers (49ers) Calvin Johnson (Vikings) Dez Bryant (Giants) Darren Sproles (Falcons)

Wild Cards
Passion ofthe Puente: Health of Brandon Marshall/Arian Foster. Wes Welker's role in Denver Offense. Ahmad Bradshaw's Week Status

Bigger Balls: Mendenhall a legit RB #2? Vernon Davis finally live up to expectations?

Predictions
Yahoo Says: Mayra wins 97-94
I say: Mike wins. This is tough. One of the two teams I think has a great shot to win it all is going to start 0-1. I give the RB edge to Mike and it's a greater edge in my opinion than Mayra's WR edge. I think RB play will be the big difference.

Not Even Lying (0-0) vs
Shock the Monkey (0-0)
No Matchup Stats Available

Key Players
Not Even Lying: Drew Brees (Falcons) Demaryius Thomas (Ravens) Doug Martin (Jets) Lamar Miller (Browns)

Shock The Monkey: Matt Ryan (Saints) Victor Cruz (Cowboys) Matt Forte (Bengals) Steven Jackson (Saints) Jason Witten (Giants)

Wild Cards: 
Not Even Lying: Doug Martin's expectations. Lamar Miller's touches. Kenbrell's Thompkins startable?

Shock The Monkey: Forte/Jackson live up to draft status. Dwyane Bowe's rule in new offense. Sudfeld Startable?

Predictions
Yahoo Says: Mark wins 98.39-98.35
I say: Kenny wins. Only 4 tenths of a point separate this prediction. Mark makes his debut again a tough  Kenny team. I think Kenny's team is a tad better this week, but it should be close (theme of the week).

The Bad Robofies (0-0) vs
Springville-Warrior (0-0)

No Matchup Stats

Key Players
The Bad Robofies: Colin Kaepernick (Packers) Andre Johnson (Chargers) Ray Rice (Denver) Jimmy Graham (Falcons)

Springville-Warrior: Russell Wilson (Panthers) Julio Jones (Saints) Trent Richardson (Dolphins) 

Wild Cards
The Bad Robofies: McFadden's effectiveness 

Spingville-Warrior: Demarco Murray's effectiveness, Tavon Austin's first official NFL Game

Predictions
Yahoo Says: Dad wins 95-92
I Say: Dad wins. This is pretty much a tossup. It might come down to the battle of RB 2's McFadden vs Murray. I'd give that edge to Murray. The tight end edge though should swing big time in Dad's favor. A 3 point win sounds about right.

Channel 4 News Team (0-0) vs
Hoosier Daddy (0-0)

Matchup Stats
All Time Record: Albert Leads series 5-3
Last Matchup: Ryan beat Albert 105-91 in  Week 11 of the 2012 season

Key Players
Channel 4 News Team: Peyton Manning (Ravens) A.J. Green (Bears) Alfred Morris (Eagles) Frank Gore (Packers) 

Hoosier Daddy: Tom Brady (Bills) Marques Colston (Falcons) Marshawn Lynch (Panthers) Stevan Ridley (Bills)

Wild Cards
Channel 4 News Team: Mike Wallace in first game with Dolphins. Is Jermichael Finley going to step up?

Hoosier Daddy: Who is Ryan going to use at Tight End? 

Predictions
Yahoo Says: 92-83
I Say: Albert. This is tough because I have no clue who Ryan is going to use at tight end. I'll give the slight edge to Albert. 

  
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment