Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Week 5 Matchups and Predictions

This week's big game is the battle of the undefeateds. There are only two teams left that haven't lost and those two teams battle it out this week and only one will remain undefeated. Will it be Drew or Ryan? Here's this weeks matchups and predictions.

No Soup For You (2-2) vs
Catch My Javelin! (1-3)

All Time Record: I lead series 6-5-1

Key Players

No Soup For You: A.J. Green (Bills) Keenan Allen (Giants) Lamar Miller (Chiefs)

Catch My Javelin!: Deshaun Watson (Chiefs) Alshon Jeffrey (Cardinals) Odell Beckham Jr. (Chargers) Doug Baldwin (Rams) Kareem Hunt (Texans) Jordan Howard (Vikings)

Wild Cards

No Soup For You: Michael Thomas and Matt Ryan on Byes. Tough Matchup for Keenan Allen. Will Joe Mixon bounce back?

Catch My Javelin!: Tougher matchup for DeShaun Watson. Tough Matchups for Alshon Jeffrey and Jordan Howard. Doug Martin or Tarik Cohen? Austin Seferian-Jenkins as my tight end.

Predictions
Yahoo Says: I win
I Say: I win. Yep..this is one of those rare times that I'm actually picking myself to win and really, I should win. With Leland being without Michael Thomas and having to rely on guys like Theo Riddick, Kenny Golladay and Joe Mixon, my team SHOULD have the talent enough to win this week. I'm still worried about my bad matchups that could hold Alshon Jeffrey and Jordan Howard to low points, also I highly doubt Deshaun Watson blows up for 38 points this week, so what is his realistic average? Also I'm killing myself between deciding if I want to give the start to Doug Martin or play it  conservative with Tarik Cohen. This is a must win for me and I'm hoping a win here, put's my back on track in regards to playoff talk.

Hoosier Daddy (4-0) vs
BABY CARROTS (4-0)

All Time Record: Drew leads series 7-3

Key Players

Hoosier Daddy: Ezekiel Elliott (Packers) Leonard Fournette (Steelers) Michael Crabtree (Ravens)

BABY CARROTS: Cam Newton (Lions) Todd Gurley (Seahawks)

Wild Cards

Hoosier Daddy: Who's Ryan's QB? Crabtree production without Carr. WR Production

BABY CARROTS: Who's Drew's RB2? Cam's bounce back for real? Who else is Drew using for flex?

Predictions
Yahoo Says: Ryan wins? (I think...neither guy has a full lineup set as of today, but I believe Ryan will get the edge)
I Say: Ryan wins. Boy..for being a combined 8-0, these two guys sure don't have a lot of star players between them. Of course Drew lost Dalvin Cook and has Emmanuel Sanders on bye so that's a reason why. I think Ryan's team is the more talented of the two, especially with Drew's losses this week. We still don't even know who he plans on playing at his RB2 and flex position. Ryan should be able to get the win and stay undefeated.

Light's Broken Bots (2-2) vs
Channel 4 News Team (1-3)

All Time Record: Matt leads series 6-5-1

Key Players

Light's Broken Bots: Tom Brady (Bucs) Dez Bryant (Packers) Jordy Nelson (Cowboys) Martavis Bryant (Jaguars)

Channel 4 News Team: Eli Manning (Chargers) Amari Cooper (Ravens) Golden Tate (Panthers) Stefon Diggs (Bears) Carlos Hyde (Colts) LeSean McCoy (Bengals)

Wild Cards

Light's Broken Bots: Demaryius Thomas and Tevin Coleman on bye. Tough matchup for Martavis Bryant. How will Wayne Gallman do?

Channel 4 News Team: Cooper without Carr. Will Ty Montgomery play?

Predictions
Yahoo Says: Matt wins
I Say: Matt wins. Although on it's face Albert has the deeper team seems like, Matt has more players that could go off. I think Brady, Jordy, and Dez all have huge games, while I could see Amari once again disappointing and LeSean McCoy not finding the endzone again. It should be close, but I'm giving the slight edge to Matt here.

Rocket Man (2-2) vs
SCLSU MudDogs (1-3)

All Time Record: Eugene leads series 4-2

Key Players

Rocket Man: Matthew Stafford (Panthers) Kelvin Benjamin (Lions) Melvin Gordon (Giants) Rob Gronkowski (Bucs)

SCLSU MudDogs: Larry Fitzgerald (Eagles) Chris Hogan (Bucs) Sammy Watkins (Seahawks) Le'Veon Bell (Jaguars) Marshawn Lynch (Ravens) Zach Ertz (Cardinals)

Wild Cards

Rocket Man: Julio Jones and C.J. Anderson on byes. Decker/Agholor/Britt plays

SCLSU MudDogs: Brees on bye. Will Dalton Step up? Receiver production. Marshawn's production.

Predictions
Yahoo Says: Alex wins
I say:  Alex wins. This seriously the toughest matchup to decide this week. I'm only going Alex because I think he's due a win. Both teams are pretty evenly matched thanks to Julio Jones/C.J. Anderson bye on Eugene's side. Coin flip and taking Alex with no rhyme or reason.

Shock The Monkey (3-1) vs
BigBadBob (1-3)

All Time Record: Marc leads series 5-4

Key Players

Shock The Monkey: Russell Wilson (Rams) Brandin Cooks (Bucs) Tyreek Hill (Texans) Randall Cobb (Cowboys) DeMarco Murray (Dolphins) Delanie Walker (Dolphins)

BigBadBob: Aaron Rodgers (Cowboys) DeAndre Hopkins (Chiefs) Devante Adams* (Cowboys)

Wild Cards

Shock The Monkey: RB Production.

BigBadBob: Devante Adams health. Crowell's struggles. Devonta Freeman on bye. Depth.

Predictions
Yahoo Says: Marc wins.
I say: Marc wins. It's hard for Dad to stay competitive at full strength, but without Devonta Freeman this week, it's going to be THAT much harder. Dad has no choice to use guys like Isaiah Crowell, Jermaine Kearse, Eric Ebron, and Allen Hurns. His severe lack of depth will probably do him in this week as Marc just has the stronger team overall.

Easy Beasley (2-2) vs 
Woe Is You (1-3)

All Time Record: Series is tied 3-3 (last played each other in 2013)

Key Players

Easy Beasley: Philip Rivers (Giants) Antonio Brown (Jaguars) Jarvis Landry (Titans) Jay Ajayi (Titans) Christan McCaffrey (Lions) Travis Kelce (Texans)

Woe Is You: Jameis Winston (Patriots) Mike Evans (Patriots)

Wild Cards

Easy Beasley: Can Ajayi and Landry bounce back? McCaffrey's struggles.

Woe Is You: Mike's entire team is a wild card outside of Evans and Winston

Predictions
Yahoo Says: Kenny wins
I Say: Kenny wins. This is an interesting matchup on so many levels. First of all these two haven't faced each other since 2013. Remember, Mike took a 2 year hiatus and when he came back he took Kenny's spot last season. There's also a little bit of left over bad blood from a fantasy baseball incident years ago where Posey mindfucked Kenny into thinking he advanced to the Fantasy Baseball Championship (back when Stat Tracker was something you had to pay for) only for Kenny to wake up the next morning and see he had lost and was in the 3rd place game. So yes, this is an honest to goodness rivalry between two guys who have never met. This screams trap game, but I think Kenny's guys come together and pull off the win. If they somehow don't......











No comments:

Post a Comment