Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Week 2 Matchups and Predictions

Week 1 is already in the books and it's already time to focus on Week 2. It goes by fast. Here's this week's matchups and predictions.


Kumamon Express (1-0)  vs
Rocket Man (1-0)

Matchup Stats
All Time Record: I Lead Series 2-1
Last Matchup: Eugene beat me 157-125.50 in Week 13 of the 2014 Season

Key Players

Kumamon Express: Tony Romo (Eagles) DeAndre Hopkins (Panthers) Jordan Matthews (Cowboys) Matt Forte (Cardinals) Greg Olsen (Texans)

Rocket Man: Aaron Rodgers (Seahawks) Julio Jones (Giants) Mark Ingram (Bucs) Jason Witen (Eagles)

Wild Cards

Kumamon Express: Benching C.J. Anderson and Jeremy Maclin. Romo without Dez. Woodhead encore performance? DeAngelo Williams and Brandon Coleman spot starts.

Rocket Man: How will the supporting cast do this week?

Predictions
Yahoo Says: I win 103-96
I Say: I win. A couple of weeks ago, I would've relished in the fact I was playing Eugene. After seeing last week though...it's not going to be easy whatsoever. Especially with all the question marks I suddenly have surrounding my team. I don't know if benching my 1st round and 5th round pick are gonna bite me in the ass, but that's what I'm doing because I think C.J. Anderson is hurt more than Denver is letting on and it's tough matchup for Jeremy Maclin. On paper, my talent should blow his team (outside or Rodgers and Julio of course), but that's on paper, and as you know, that doesn't mean anything really. Even with the risks though, I think I have a balanced enough team to pull out the victory, it just won't be the slam dunk I thought it'd be.

No Soup For You (0-1) vs
Winter Is Over (1-0)

Matchup Stats
All Time Record: Leland leads series 1-0
Last Matchup: Leland beat Alex 96-93.5 in Week 11 of the 2014 Season

Key Players

No Soup For You: Matt Ryan (Giants) Calvin Johnson (Vikings) Brandon Cooks (Bucs) Keenan Allen (Bengals) DeMarco Murray (Cowboys) Martellus Bennett (Cardinals)

Winter Is Over: Drew Brees (Bucs) Brandon Marshall (Colts) Eddie Lacy (Seahawks) Jimmy Graham (Packers)

Wild Cards

No Soup For You: Flex/RB #2 spots. Bounce back games from star receivers.

Winter Is Over: Tough Matchup for Eddie Lacy. C.J. Spiller health. Production from veteran receiving core.

Predictions
Yahoo Says: Alex wins 100-93.
I Say: Leland wins. Surprised Alex is a 7 point favorite here. I'm going to go against the grain and say Leland rebounds from last week's loss. Although his RB #2 and Flex spots still scare the hell outta me, I'll say he can overcome that and get win #1.

Dr. Light's Robots (0-1) vs
Channel 4 News Team (0-1)

Matchup Stats
All Time Record: Albert leads series 4-3-1
Last Matchup: Matt tied Albert 78-78 in Round 2 of the 2014 Playoffs (Matt won via tiebreaker)

Key Players

Dr. Light's Robots: Ben Roethlisberger (49ers) Odell Beckham Jr. (Falcons) Julian Edelman (Bills) Jamaal Charles (Broncos) Alfred Morris (Rams)

Channel 4 News Team: Philip Rivers (Bengals) A.J. Green (Chargers) Rob Gronkowski (Bills)

Wild Cards

Dr. Light's Robots: Odell Beckham bounce back game. Alfred Morris/Jordan Reed Keep it up?

Channel 4 News Team: Receivers bounce back. RB Play.

Predictions
Yahoo Says: Matt wins 104-93
I Say: Matt wins. Matt's got the better overall team so I gotta side with Yahoo here. The defending champ gets his first win of the season here.

BigBadBob (1-0)  vs
Bigger Balls (1-0)

Matchup Stats
All Time Record: Dad leads series 2-1
Last Matchup: Mayra beat Dad 101.5-91.50 in Week 11 of the 2014 Season

Key Players

BigBadBob: Matthew Stafford (Vikings) Randall Cobb (Seahawks) Vincent Jackson (Saints) Marshawn Lynch (Packers) Travis Kelce (Broncos)

Bigger Balls: Ryan Tannehill (Jaguars) Antonio Brown (49ers) Carlos Hyde (Steelers) Tyler Eifert (Chargers)

Wild Cards

BigBadBob: David Johnson at RB #2 spot. Cobb 100%? Gio's workload.

Bigger Balls: Tannehill bounce back? Eifert real deal? WR production outside of Brown. Sankey production.

Predictions
Yahoo Says: Mayra wins 99-95
I Say: Mayra wins. Prepare for a week of Dad giving me shit for this yet again. Last year, Dad came real close to giving Mayra her 1st loss, and he'll try yet again this season but I gotta with Mayra here. I'm not sure David Johnson is going to get a huge workload and Carlos Hyde has an even BETTER matchup against the Steelers than he had against the Vikings. I just feel like if Eifert is the real deal, Mayra has the stronger roster as Dad losing Andre Ellington was pretty big. Mayra only wanted to take a 1-1 split going into Week 3 getting Bell back..it seems like 2-0 is a reality.

Woe Is Me (1-0) vs
Shock The Monkey (0-1)

Matchup Stats
All Time Record: Mark leads series 2-1
Last Matchup: Mark beat Kenny 72-58.50 in Week 8 of the 2014 Season

Key Players

Woe Is Me: Russell Wilson (Packers) LeSean McCoy (Patriots) Ameer Abdullah (Vikings) Chris Ivory (Colts)

Shock The Monkey: Sam Bradford (Cowboys) Alshon Jeffrey (Cardinals) Emmanuel Sanders (Chiefs) Jeremy Hill (Chargers) Lamar Miller (Jaguars)

Wild Cards

Woe Is Me: No Dez and possibility of No Hilton. Russell Wilson production. Devante Adams production. Sitting Latavius Murray for Ameer Abdullah.

Shock The Monkey: Lamar Miller Bounce Back. Jeffrey 100%? Terrence Williams step up with Dez's absence. Joseph Randle bonafide #1 back in Dallas?

Predictions
Yahoo Says: Mark wins 103-88
I Say: Mark wins. Kenny got lucky to win week #1, but with no Dez and Hilton, I just can't see him getting win #2 against a pretty good team like Mark's. Too many wild cards on Kenny team to account for. Mark should get win #1 here.

Sons Of The Harpy (0-1) vs
Hoosier Daddy (0-1)

Matchup Stats
All Time Record: Drew leads series 5-1
Last Matchup: Drew beat Ryan 128-111 in Week 5 of the 2014 Season.

Key Players

Sons of The Harpy: Tom Brady (Bills) Demaryius Thomas (Chiefs) Adrian Peterson (Lions)

Hoosier Daddy: Andrew Luck (Jets) Golden Tate (Vikings) Justin Forsett (Raiders) Frank Gore (Jets)

Wild Cards

Sons of The Harpy: Broncos offensive problems. Amari Cooper/Allen Robinson bounce backs? Ebron at TE.

Hoosier Daddy: Can entire team rebound from awful effort? Will Mike Evans play?

Predictions
Yahoo Says: Drew wins 96-84
I Say: Drew wins. Until I see Ryan's team perform consistently, I just don't buy his team. Drew's got some holes, but I can't imagine Adrian Peterson being that bad, and overall he's got a more talented team and should pick up win #1.









No comments:

Post a Comment