Friday, August 24, 2012

Draft Capsule (Picks 8-10)

Here are the final 3 draft profiles

Pick 8-Me (Poseidon Angryyyy)

Previous Draft Spots- 8 in 2010
                                  10 in 2011

# of Drafted Players who stayed on my team

4 in 2010 (out of 15)
3 in 2011 (out of 15)

Previous 1st Round Picks
2010-Ryan Mathews
2011-LeSean McCoy

Playoff Appearances-2 (3rd place finish in 2010, 2nd place finish in 2011)

I have NEVER had a decent pick. After picking dead last two years in a row (2010 was an 8 team league), I once again pick.....8. I'm hit and miss when it comes to the draft. I totally fucked up 2010 by drafted Ryan Mathews AND Randy Moss with my first two picks, though I landed Hakeem Nicks and Arian Foster late. 2011 was a little better with getting McCoy at the 10 spot. I am a VERY active trader. I also believe in the trading guys while they are hot theory which has helped me (Ahmad Bradshaw for Calvin Johnson 3 years ago) and also fucked me (Matt Forte AND Hakeem Nicks for Greg Jennings, then turned around and traded Arian Foster AND Greg Jennings for Adrian Peterson cause "I didn't believe in them..yes this happened in the same season and I still somehow finished 3rd). I'm always looking to get better and when I always draft late, I don't see that  changing about me this season either.


Pick 9-Dad (The Bad Robofies)

Previous Draft Sports- 2 In 2011

# of Drafted Players who stayed on Dad's Team
7 in 2011 (out of 15)

Previous 1st round Picks
2011-Chris Johnson

Playoff Appearances-1

Dad's debut draft was meh when looking back. Chris Johnson wasn't close to the elite RB everyone was hoping for, but what helped Dad was Drew Brees and two key waiver wire pickups (Victor Cruz and Michael Bush). He kept almost half his team that he drafted, which is good. We've seen how he drafts with an early pick, now we'll see how he drafts with the 2nd to last pick of the draft.

Pick 10-Ryan (Hoosier Daddy)

Previous Draft Spots- 5 in 2010
                                    7 in 2011

# of Drafted Players who Stayed on Ryan's Team
5 in 2010 (out of 15)
6 in 2011 (out of 15)

Previous 1st Round Picks
2010-Michael Turner
2011-Rashard Mendenhall

Playoff Appearances-1 (3rd place finish in 2011)

Ryan's team was autodrafted last season, and he got lucky he snagged Cam Newton off waivers quickly. Ryan will make trades if necessary and he's also active on the waive wire. Despite the auto draft last year, he still finished 3rd overall.

That's it for the draft capsules as we get closer and closer to the draft!!

No comments:

Post a Comment